43|Nandini Malhotra- Businesswoman of the year

Tu jo, choole
Pyaar se...
Araam se, mar jaun..
Aaja chanda bahon mein,
Tujhme hi ghum ho jau
~~~

“ Hello ? Yes Lisa I can hear you. *Paise* Go ahead, publish the article. I've cross checked all the pictures too. Also call Rosa, we have to discuss whom are we felicitating this month. Hmm, mai karti hun call. ”
Nandini cut the call and typed something on her laptop before she heard her sister in law call her.

“ Nandu ! ”

“ Haan baba, aa rahi hun. ”
She replied rushing out of her room. As she walked down the stairs, she saw Arohi sitting on the couch with her legs folded. She has a tub of icecream on her lap and a box of tissues on the right side of her body.

“ Kya hua Aru !? ”
Nandini panicked, realising Arohi was crying.

“ Stefan died Nandu. Stefan died ! ”
Nandini rolled her eyes, she has given birth to her son, Abeer Malhotra, four months ago and ever since then, Arohi was an emotional wreck. Birthing a child can be very difficult, physically, mentally, emotionally.

“ It's fine, at least he is with Katherine. You like Katherine right ? ”
Nandini asked Arohi, sitting by her side. She nodded and wiped her years with the tissue.

“ Nandu, can you please being Abeer to me. I need to her feed him. ”
She immediately nodded and went to her room. As Nandini picked little Abeer in her arms, he immediately smiled seeing his Chachi.

Awwe, Abu is happy to see Chachi ! ”

She cooed at him and he smiled showing his gums.

“ Let's take Abu to mumma shall we ? ”
She moved out and places Abeer on Arohi's lap and she immediately stopped crying after seeing her son.

“ So Arohi, I am ordering chinese. What should I make for you. ”
Abeer latches his mouth to his mother's breast and Arohi frowned.

“ Oh c'mon Nandini, you don't have to cook for me. Mai kha lungi kuchh order kar ke. ”
She caressed her son's head and Nandini sternly replied.

“ Nope, you're breastfeeding. Tujhe apna khayal rakhna hai abhi. How about I make you some rice and uske saath me chhole ? ”

Before Arohi could reply, Nandini was already rushing to the kitchen. Arohi sighed and smiled seeing Abeer raise both his hands. She kissed the tip of his nose and said,

“ Your Chachi is a little crazy, but she loves you a lot. ”

“ Roshni aunty, someone is at the door. Please dekhiye na. ”
She made Abheer lie down on the sofa and fixed her dress. Manik came through the door and immediately his frown was replaced by a smile as he saw his buddy lying on the couch.

“ Hey buddy, chachu is here. ”
Manik picked him in his arms and he gave his gummy smile which melted his heart.

“ Come on, gimme another smile. De de bro. ”
Arohi laughed hearing her brother in law whine.

Nandini came out with a plate in her hand and seeing Manik, smiled.

“ Hey love. ”
Manik said moving towards Nandini who pecked his lips and whispered in his ear.

“ You better stop posting thirst traps on instagram babe, I am going to have to ask Rashi to delete those stories. ”
He smiled seeing she was standing on her toes and holding her waist, said,

“ You know who those are for. ”
She bit her lip getting shy and said,

“ I've ordered some food, tum fresh ho. Mai tab tak nikalti hun.
He nodded and kissing her cheek, moved up the stairs.

“ Aru, Kabeer kaha hai ? Did he text ? ”

Nandini asked sitting with her and Arohi shook her head.

“ He's still busy I guess. ”

“ Wait, mai baat karti hun. ”
She picked her phone while her right hand was in Abeer's grasp.

“ He is on his way. ”
Manik joined them and sat by Nandini.

“ Dude tvd nahi, give me the remote. Mai conjuring lagata hun. ”
He snatched the remote and put on the movie on Netflix whilst trying to grab his nephew's attention.

“ Manik sun, pls order the Aloe patches you got me last time. Mera box khatam ho gaya hai. ”
Arohi asked while sipping on her apple juice.

“ I'll order right away, Nandini do you want those ? ”
He asked phising his phone our of the pocket of his sweats and she nodded before adding a few more things for both of them and some for her mother in law as well as she was not here right now.

They were immersed in the movie and Manik had Abeer on his lap, sleeping soundly, heade sure to keep an eye so that he doesn't scare himself when he wakes up.

The bell rang and Nandini put the cushion aside,

“ I'll open. ”
Kabeer came in and throwing his coat on one of the single sofas, moved to his son.

“ Tum teeno, mere bete ko daraoge ? Hatao ye. ”
Kabeer glared and Manik and Arohi rolled thier eyes.

He took hold of Abeer and suddenly there was a wide smile on his face.

“ Hey Abu, you missed Dada ? Huh ? Dada missed you too. ”
He bumped his nose with his sons and kissed his forehead.

“ Kabeer, you freshen up. Mai tumhara khana bhi nikalwa deti hun ”

Just as they were all eating and chatting, the door bell rang. One of the maids went and opened the door only to find a letter lying on the ground.

“ Nandini ma'am, yeh aapke liye aaya hai. ”
Kabeer paused the movie. The four of them sat straight as Manik took the envelope and opened it.

He read as a wide smile came to his face. Arohi took Abeer in her hands and asked,

“ Manik kya hai ? Mujhe bhi bata. ”
He turned to them and holding Nandini's hand said,

“ Nandini is going to be felicitated with the Buisness Woman Of The Year award. ”
Arohi gasped and Karan engulfed her in a hug.

Manik smiled proudly reading the letter all over again.

**

No excuses, I'm sorry it took me so long.

Much Love
Vishakha