25|Mary On A Cross

Tu aake dekhle
O' maine raatein kitni saari
Teri yaadon me guzarii...
Soniye..
Soniye..
~~~

“ Shh shut up ”
Manik shushed the trio and walked towards the door on his toes.

“ Going somewhere husband ? ”
He heard Veer, Kabir and Arohi groan at the voice.

“ Yes.... actually I wanted to ask you too par tum kahi dikhi hi nahi. Never mind ham sab ice cream khane ja rahe hai ”
Nandini smiled sarcastically and eyed her brother in law and asked.

“ So kabir, you're the eldest one in our group right, you're the responsible one aur fir bhi you're not only allowing these three to go but you also joined them, not to forget jab already baarish ho rahi hai bahar ”
Kabir widen his eyes.

“ Control your woman Manik ”
He muttered lowly to his brother who rolled his eyes.

“ Tamiz se andar jaa ke baitho sab, bua dadi aane wali hai yaar I can not handle all of you together ”

“ Nandu tujhe Manik se pyaar kya hua tu tv serial wali bahu ban gayi hai, stop it man. That oldie is scary ”
Veer finally said and that made Nandini blush a little which Manik thoroughly enjoyed.

“ Kisko scary bola tune ? ”
Came a grumpy gruff voice and they all turned to see the monster along with her minion.

Nandini moved towards them and the rest followed her touching thier feet.

Areee mere pair mat chuuo mai to tum logo ke age ki hi hun
Chachi said adjusting her pink funky sun glasses.

Kabir and Manik looked at each other and somehow managed to control themselves from not laughing in her face.

“ Bua dadi, chachi.....aiye mom and dad is room me hai. Chaliye ”
Nandini said politely.

“ Hmm ”
Came her gruff voice and Nandini sighed but followed the two of them.

“ Why is she back ”

Arohi groaned, she and Nandini were always judged by her, bua dadi was extremely possesive for Raj and his family but she also had a narrow thinking because of which she was not very fond of Nandini and Arohi. She loved Veer just fine but sometimes she misbehaved with the girls and none of the three liked it.

“ Raj, bache itni chot lagi hai. Phone tak nahi kiya ”
She said ruffling her nephew's hair.

“ Naina bhabhi ab aap tension mat lo mai hun na yaha pe ab aapko koi dikkat nahi hogi. ”
Naina wanted to correct her that they were now better and were walking along with that the servant and the kids were always on thier toes for them but no one gave them a chance to speak.

“ Waise 3 mahine hue nahi aur Teri Bahu abhi se ghar me jeans me ghoom rahi hai ”
Bua dadi said, annoyed.

“ Bua ji apni hi bachchi hai, aap ko pata hai shaadi kis situation me hui hai. Aur waise bhi Manik ko koi problem nahi hai ”
Naina replied, she knew Manik would never try to control her daughter. Neither did she believe that women are entitled to please their husbands and do things as per thier wish but well she was not going to fight with her mother in law now was she ?

Here manik and Nandini were standing outside the door, eavesdropping.

“ Nandini you're the idiot one over here. Look mujhe konsi koi problem hai yaar tumhare kapdo se, bekar me hi tumne kapde change kiye ”
Nandini rolled her eyes and then teased Manik,

“ Why do you think ki mai tumhare wish ke hisab se dress karungi ”

Manik gave her a glare. She didn't care and dragged him to set the dining table.

The servants brought the dishes and Nandini arranged them on the table all while Manik worked on his phone replying to some emails.

The elders and the gang all came out in a bit.

“ Ye saara khana tumne banaya ? ”
Chachi asked checking the dishes.

“ Nahi cook ne bhi help kari thi meri. ”
Nandini replied smiling and Bua Dadi scoffed Manik Manik ball his fist.

Nandini served everyone and then sat by Manik.

The lunch went uneventful.

•••

“ Leave it na Manik, she'll anyway go back after a week. ”
Nandini calmed Manik who was still furious.

“ Kya yaar Nandini throughout the lunch she was indirectly taunting you about something or the other. I hate it, I hate it that I can do nothing to stop it and ye pehla din tha God know aage kya hoga. ”

It was justified, Manik loved Nandini and someone degrading her would anger him for sure but how was he to prevent it.

“ Manik yaar baad me gussa karna mujhe bohot neend aa rahi hai. I want to sleep. Come here ”
She said patting the bed and he nodded, thinking something. He joined her and soon Nandini snuggled closer to him. Within no time she fell asleep.

But Manik didn't, he was thinking about something, something mischevious, his smirk said it all.

He texted Rashi and made a few calls making sure Nandini doesn't wake up.

It was 6 in the evening when Nandini woke up. She frowned not seeing Manik with her and looked for him in the room.

Not finding him she went downstairs to see him sitting with Naina and Adhiraj.

“ Aree Nandini aa gayi ”
Naina said, excited. Nandini went to them and raised her brow at Manik.

“ Nandu usse look kya de Rahi hai, he was just telling us he finally has time for homeymoon

Nandini widen her eyes.

“  We're actually going for our honeymoon? Wow ”
Nandini exclaimed.

“ Where are we going ? ”
She asked super excited.

“ France ”
Manik replied smiling. Adhiraj then told Nandini,

“ And tumhari flight kal dopeher ki hai ”
Nandini screamed and Naina smiled and went with her to help her pack.

...

Ik filler chapter but I'm really sick, besides boards datesheet is also here support me and oh yes please pray for my health and for my exams ❤️

Much Love
Vishakha ✨