45|I am pregnant

Bin kuchh kahe
Bin kuchh sune
Haathon me haath liye,
Chaar kadam kya
Saari umar,
Chal dungi saath tere.....
~~~

“ Kya hua baby ? ”
He asked, running his fingers through her hair and she snuggled more into his chest before mumbling something which he failed to understand.

“ Hmm ? ”

“ I- I missed my period, like 2 months in a row. ”
She tried to completely hide in his chest but Manik was now alert. He slowly tried to make some distance between them but Nandini was adamant.

He withdrew himself and turned on the table lamp.

Nandini sat by his side, her back glued to the head board. She was looking at her lap where she was toying with her fingers.

He turned to her completely and gently called her,

“ Nandini ! Look at me bachcha ! ”
She slowly removed her gaze from her lap and looked at him,

“ Kya hua, hmm ! Kya ho gaya. Tell me, apne Manik ko batao. ”
He was extremely emotional just thinking of the possibility of having a child with his Nandini but right now he had to behave in a calm and composed manner.

She wet her lips and said,

“ Arohi has a few test strips but those were old. Abhi Maine check nahi kara, it just feels a little weird, dar lag raha hai Mani. ”
He took her in his arms and cooed at her.

“ Toh kya hua baby, hmm ! We'll check kal. Don't overthink Nandini. Jo tum chahogi, ham wahi karenge. I'll not rush you into anything. ”
She nodded and Manik hummed a tune and rocked Nandini making her slowly drift off to sleep.

~~~

Manik what is this ? 35 strips ! ”
Nandini exclaimed, looking at the strips lais in the bed.

“ Woh 1-2 se galat result bhi aa sakta hai na ! That's why I ordered the pack itself. ”

His answer made Nandini roll her eyes and she  told him,

“ I am not going to use all these. ”
She took almost 9 strips and went in.

Manik waited for her but all this while, his anxiety was shooting.

I'm sure it'll be fine, it'll be fine right ? What if she doesn't want it ! Wait, what if she's not pregnant ? But is she ready ? I don't want her to compromise with her career.

His thoughts went wild. He saw Nandini walk out and place a couple of strips on the table and then going back to the washroom.

Soon enough there laid 9 pregnancy strips in front of him, on the table.

“ Let's just wait, I've set the timer. ”
Nandini said, wiping her wet hands on one of the towels.

Manik, unknown to his own self, had gripped Nandini's hand in his. His grip slowly loosen as the tests in front of him showed 2 pink strips.