52|Welcome Mini Malhotra

Itni si hasi
Itni si Khushi
Itna sa tukda chaand ka
Khaab ke,
Tinko se...
Chal banaye aashiyaan
~~~

“ That's it, just a little more. C'mon Nandini. Just another push, yes, yes, you can do it. ”
The doctor assisted Nandini, while Manik locked his hand with her tightly, allowing her to squeeze the life out of it.

“ Aaah ! Ma- Manik ! I can't. Bohot dard ho raha hai. ”
Nandini's tears absolutely broke Manik's heart but he used his other hand to push all her hair back from her face and tried to clean the sweat and tears but nothing seemed to work because she kept crying.

Nandini did not yell at him to never touch her again or any such things they used to see in shows and movies. But the way she kept wailing, made him feel ten folds worse because her tears made him feel powerless.

“ Mrs Malhotra, you're doing wonderful, a little more work and then it'll be over. ”
The assisting nurse comforted her by rubbing the back of her palm and Nandini used all her strength to give one last push, passing out in the process as Manik saw the surgeon holding a tiny baby in her arms.

~~~

“ Can I meet Nandini now ? ”
Manik asked getting impatient. The baby was kept in an incubator and the entire family seemed worried sick about Nandini right now.

It was a weird rush of mixed emotions for Manik, his excitement, happiness and tension was eating his head up.

“ Thodi der wait kariye, we'll let you know. ”
Kabeer put his hand around Manik's neck and pulled him away from the door.

“ Relax will you !? ”
Manik frowned at him and said,

“ I'll relax, ek baar pehle dekh lu usse. Pata nahi kyu baby ko bhi incubator me rakha hai. ”
Naina smiled a little, it did worry her when instead of informing her the doctors kept the child in the incubator but her motherly Instinct told her that everything would be okay.

“ Manik idhar baith. ”
He tugged on his younger son's hand and gave him a look which he could not possibly deny.

Manik sat next to his mother and Naina rubbed his back.

“ Sab theek hoga Manu. ”
He closed his eyes and nodded, trying his best to keep a positive mind when a nurse came closer and said,

“ Ab aap Nandini ma'am aur princess Malhotra se mil sakte hai. ”
As soon as Manik heard the words, he immediately stood up and moved inside, r
Raj-Naina, Kabeer-Arohi and Veer and Rashi walked behind him.

Opening the door, Manik saw Nandini on the bed, her hair tied with a scrunchy and face devoid of any sweat. Her rosy cheeks and nose made her look like a baby itself.

Manik moved closer and held Nandini's fingers in his hand and softly touched the face.

Her serene face made him smile however his attention shifted when he heard the door creek open.

There stood thier doctor with a little baby in her hands, properly wrapped in a fluffy pink towel.

Naina was the first one to break the silence,