44|The Interview

Phir le aaya Dil
Majboor kya kije......
Raas na aaya, rehna door...
Kya kije !
Dil...keh raha
Usse mukammal, kar bhi aao
Woh jo adhoori, si baat baaki hai...
Wo jo adhoori si yaad baaki bai
Wo jo adhoori si yaad baaki hai
~~

“ And the next award will be presented by our respected, Adhiraj Malhotra. The award for the buisness woman of the year. Before we reveal who the recipient is, let's talk about her first. She is an entrepreneur who lent a hand to rich and poor alike. Previously awarded for her dedicated role in the women empowerment movement in the country, our awardee is an international sensation, she is also know for her work in the social field. Lets welcome Mr Malhotra tp felicitate the star of the evening. ”
The host clapped as Adhiraj made his way towards the stage.

He came to the centre as his eyes drifted to his family sitting on the table, all smiling proudly.

Taking a mike in his hand he said,

“ To present this award is an honour, I have recieved several awards from this committee and I will always remain grateful for that but presenting an award is no less than a milestone. Today I am presenting this award, not just to an entrepreneur but to a rising buisness personality who has a lot of potential. I have to say, this has been a little selfish of me too because I'm incredibly proud of the recipient and she is very dear to me. The buisness woman of the year, is none other than..........my daughter, Nandini Malhotra. ”
There was a buzz of applause in the auditorium as people clapped for Nandini and she smiled at them turning around. Manik put forward his hand and Nandini took it as he walked her to the stage.

Nandini came to the stage and Adhiraj gave her the award as he patted her head, Nandini found herself tearing up as she bent a little to touch his feet but he was quick to stop her.

Adhiraj handed her the mike and said,

“ First of all I would like to thank the committe for felicitating me with this award. And secondly, to my dad, Mr Adhiraj Malhotra who has more been more than just a father to me. Having been awarded by him is what makes this all the way more special. ”
The croud cheered making Naina smile proudly.

“ This award means so much to me, this is not just a prize. It is a proof that hard work always pays off. Starting off as a woman's magazine and then blossoming into a full blown brand with multiple branches and involvement in multiple fields, it has been a long journey for Mauve and I and for the entire team. I hope to serve people further in future too. Thank you so much. ”

~~~

“ I'm so so proud of you bachcha, all my kids are succeeding in life and that makes my heart so happy. ”
Naina cupped Nandini's face before kissing her head.

“ Let's party, Nandini is literally trending all over the internet. ”
Arohi said as she came holding a giggling Abheer in her arms. Naina took her grandson from Arohi and played with him as Manik sighed looking at the picture perfect moment his family was having.

Nandini had achieved a lot in this one year and none of it came easy, countless nights where she stayed up. Meeting up with government agencies and NGOs, collaborating with other fashion brands, she had done it all and Manik couldn't be prouder.

However, there were also a few rumours about Arohi, since she got pregnant, she had left her job ( I don't remove her job profile if any one does please point out )

Manik knew Arohi would kill for his wife but there were futile rumours saying that there was a rift between the two. They pointed out that while Nandini is a successful, independent woman, Arohi was dependant on Kabeer. He had had enough and given an interviews which was kept under wraps until now and was going to be aired at any moment now,

Manik looked up when Adhiraj put on the news channel.

Reporter : Mr Malhotra, what do you have to say about the rumours ?

Manik : I don't think that petty rumours like these deserve any attention from me or my family but since the media has been degrading both my wife and my sister in law I'm willing to clarify a few things. Arohi and Nandini have been friends all thier lives, I think Nandini se zyada khush Arohi hai for all the success and fame that my wife has gained.

Reporter : But sir, Nandini ma'am ne apni job nahi chhodi shaadi ke baad. Arohi ma'am ne apni job job chod diya and now she is just a housewife.

Manik : First of all, just a house wife ka kya matlab hai ? Being a housewife is equally tiresome as a being a full time working woman. Arohi is strong, skilled and independent, she did not leave her job because of her wedding, she left because she was expecting. Arohi has blessed our family with a baby boy who is the apple of everyone's eye. Mother hood easy nahi hota, you are a woman, you know this better than me. It was a choice she made after analysing everything and Arohi is not dependent on us or Kabeer. Woh apne career se related jo bhi decisions leti hai, we'll always be there to support her.

Reporter : Sir sabne Nandini ma'am ke liye post kiya hai, you did not post anything on your social media handles. Why is that ?

Manik : Logon ke liye Nandini ek inspiration hai, but for me she is a part of me. Uske bina I'm incomplete. I have and always will hold her at her lowest and applaud at her best. I'm proud that I'm Nandini Malhotra's husband and she knows this. Mujhe ye prove karne ke liye kisi post ki zarurat nahi hai.

Reporter : Aap trolls ko kya kehna chahenge ?

Manik : Nandini and Arohi are both really important to me, one is my wife and the other is my sister. There relationship that those two women share is very pure so I would like it if you people understand that instead of mudslinging one or the other. As for me, I will always protect both of them.

The interview went on but Nandini and Arohi were quick to jump on him as he tried to balance both of them at once.

~~

Ohoo Malhotra, mooh band kara diya tune un trolls ka. ”
Veer yelled through the phone, Manik smiled and replied.

“ I did. Waise when are you coming back, you've been in Switzerland for like 1 and a half month. Abeer misses you and Rashi so much. ”
Manik discarded his shirt as he stepped in the washroom,

“ I'll try to be there next month, bohot kaam hai bro. ”

They continued to talk while here Nandini was fidgeting with her fingers. She looked extremely uncomfortable as she dangled her legs from the bed and waited for Manik to come out of the washroom.

“ Nandu ! When did you come ? ”
Asked Manik, she wasted no time and moving closer to him hugged him right. He put his hands around her and rubbed her back, Manik could make out that something wasn't right. He could just feel how fast and loud her heart was beating.

“ Manik cuddle me please. ”
She barely completed saying and Manik quickly turned off the lights and turned on the air conditioner. He covered himself with the duvet and held her close to himself allowing her to relax.

~~

Please vote and comment

Vishakha