35|Chaotic Hearts

Heer Heer na akho adiyo
Main te Sahiban hoi
Ghodi leke aave, le javee
Ho mainu, le jaye mirza koi
Le jaaye Mirza koi
Le jaaye Mirza koi....
~~~

“ Arundhati kapoor you are under arrest for destruction of property ipc section 425 for destruction of property of Mrs Nandini Malhotra and ipc section 384 for blackmailing Mr Kabir Malhotra, you have also been charged of spreading false information about your daughter's marital status. ”
The police constable cuffed Arundhati's hands and started walking with her to the door but she kept on shouting and wailing.

Nandini and Manik just looked at her retreating figure and sighed, Rashi went downstairs and told everyone that they can go homes early for the day.

Veer also asked the constables to ensure that no scene is created further in front of the employees and Kabir himself went along with them to give a statement.

Sidharth who was still in shock about his ex wife being arrested finally decided to talk to Nandini and taking a deep breath, went near her. He didn't miss the way Manik scooted closer and intertwined thier fingers together.

“ We should talk. ”
That's all that he could come up with, Nandini raised her head to see her father struggling to keep a calm and stoic face after all that happened.

Arohi scoffed listening to him and Veer glared at her, as hard as he could.

“ Do we ? ”
Nandini asked, her voice came out all weak and broken and Manik absolutely hated seeing her like that.

“ Nandini, I'll not defend your mother but tum ek baar yeh socho ki woh bas ek maa hai jo apne bache ko protect karna chachti hai. ”
He looked at her expectantly, hoping for her to sympathise with them and when Nandini just kept shut he frowned and shaking her says,

“ Kuchh toh bolo beta ! ”
Nandini sharply looked at him and them said,

“ You said you won't defend her, yet here you are, defending that woman. I don't want to talk to someone whi abandoned me and didn't have any interest in being my parent. ”
Sidharth's heart broke into pieces hearing her say that, yes he had been an absentee in her entire life but that doesn't meam he didn't love her or care about her.

Nandini couldn't bare to look at him anymore and turning to Manik said,

“ I'm tired, take me back to the hotel. ”
He nodded and holding her hand walked towards the door when he saw Arohi walking towards Sidharth and quickly held her hand from his left and dragged her closer to him.

She glared at him and he glared at her back with equal vigour making her hiss.

“ I need to give him a good verbal thrashing. ”

“ Not now. ”
He eyes Nandini and then looked at her back.

Arohi sighed and decided to let go of this for the time being.

She asked Kabeer to come with Veer and Rashi and also get the food that she had earlier ordered.

“ I'll call a cab, Nandini can just sit in the boardroom till then. ”
Manik heard Arohi say but Nandini shook her head.