24|Cat's Out Of The Bag

Tu baat kare yaa...
Na mujhse
Chahe aankhon kaa.....
Paighaam na le
Bas ye mat kehna....
Are o' pagle
Mujhe dekha na tuu.....

Mera naam na le
~~~

“ Date ka nasha utara nahi ? ”
Naina asked laughing and Raj couldn't hide the smile breaking out on his face but Arohi gulped hard. She was shit scared at this moment. Kabir too was a littles scared but his face seemed relaxed.

“ Aree dad aap ko pata nahi ? Hamari date to awesome thi but abhi aapko apne bade bete par concentrate karna chahiye ”
Nandini said making Manik smirk and Kabir now seemed a little alert.

Manik moved closer to her and tapped on her shoulder.

“ Nandini ka matlab hai ki hamari shaadi ko teen mahine ho gaye dad but don't you think ki aapko apne bade bete ka bhi kuchh karna chahiye, huh ? ”
He jumped in the convo and said,

“ Koi zarurat nahi hai uncle, let him do the honours warna fir 2 mahine ke liye he'll not show us his face again ”
Nandini giggled and Manik too had a smug smile on his face.

“ Haan woh mujhe bhi is baare me baat karni hi thi.....bas time nahi mil raha tha ”

Veer couldn't control himself and ended up blurting out,

Aree uncle baat ka toh kuchh hai hi nahi. Ladki to dhundh rakhi hai Kabir ne ”
Arohi puffed her cheeks and Nandini widen her eyes. Kabir's face was pale and Manik was barely holding his laughed back.

Adhiraj's eye too went to the size of saucers and he cleared his throat.

“ Kabir Adhiraj Malhotra why am I hearing ? ”
If Arohi was tensed earlier, she was terrified now. The sudden change in aura of Adhiraj Malhotra scared her a little. His voice more stern and firm and his eyes a little narrower than before.

She shifted from one leg to another fiddling with her fingers and everyone present there noticed her state.

“ Woh dad ”

“ Tell me Kabir who is that girl jiski wajah se tum Nandini ko mandap pe chhod ke chale gaye the ? ”
Arohi looked at him with tear filled eyes mustering up some courage, yes she has feelings for Kabir but she never tried to sabotage the wedding.

It was only today that she actually confirmed Kabir felt for her too. But she did not want to take up the blame of breaking her best friend's wedding.

“ Dad don't you think ye thoda over ho raha hai. I mean shaadi ki baat kaha se aa gayi ”
Manik tried intervening. He was Arohi's best friend and would never, not in a million years let anyone hurt her.

“ Baat to ayegi na Manik, I know Kabir is my son but Nandini meri beti nahi hai kya ? Do you not remember that in the span of one hour, what all Nandini had to hear ? ”
His words shut Manik up. While Arohi was no where at fault, Kabir truly was. He died in every moment where old ladies and aunties mocked Nandini.

Veer and Nandini looked at each other tensed, the air in the room was thick and they just wanted to get over this conversation.

They were trying to find ways to end this topic when Kabir spoke;