23|Love Is In The Air

Aayi aisi raat hai jo
Bohot khushnaseeb hai
Chahe jise door se duniya
Wo mere kareeb hai
~~~

Nandini smile Manik, completing her spaghetti.

Her eyes wouldn't leave him, she was now a hundred percent sure that she was completely madly and irrevocably in love with him.

“ I'm really happy Kabir ran away, you don't know Nandini how much it hurt me to see you being his bride ”
She dropped the form on the table and held his hand.

“ Kabhi mujhe bataya kyu nahi ? ”

“ Tum thappad maar deti Nandini ”
He said seriously and it made bed laugh a little.

“ Achha leave all that mujhe ye batao ki Veer and Rashi ka kya chal raha hai ? ”
Manik asked taking a sip of his hot chocolate.

“ I saw them hugging each other, woh abhi Ghar pe hi honge mumma and dad ke saath. ”

“ Any progress ? ”

“ I guess I mean Rashi has kinda confirmed that she is ready for a relationship. She's finally over that good for nothing ex of hers. ”

They talked for some more time and then Nandini noticed Manik yawn.

“ Chalo let's go, it's late
He nodded and picked up his keys while Nandini took a moment to absorb what actually happened today.

Taking out her phone she clicked a picture of the whole setup.

“ And Arohi is busy yet again ! Wth is she doing ? ”
Nandini was now frustrated.

“ Oh I have zero clue about that ”

Silence fell, but it wasn't awkward. Thier were subtle smiles on both thier faces, Nandini and Manik had actually given a chance to each other. They could only prey for thier happily ever after now.

Asterdamn

“ You didn't have to do that Arundhati! ”

“ Shut up Avinash, I know what to do. Stop trying to turn all bossy on me. I'm not your wife. ”
Arundhati spat as she continued typing on her laptop.

“ Kuchh to socho, Nandini will hate you. ”
Avinash, her brother replied.

“ I don't care, let her hate me. Mujhe woh chahiye jo mera hai ”

She replied with venom in her tone.

•••

“ I loved our date ”
Nandini said entering into thier room and Manik smiled locking the door.

“ I'm going to Sydney next week ”
Nandini suddenly said and Manik frowned and turned to look at her.

“ Kaam se jana pad raha hai, two week stay hai. I was wondering if you want to come along ?! I've talked to Rashi. Tumhara schedule flexible hai for this month......so what's say ? ”