Death Thread

Chapter 1

"What went wrong?" That's what my mother kept saying. To be honest I didn't understand, my mother always sat in the corner while knitting and saying "what went wrong?", she was mistreated by my father, and I hated seeing her like that, she did nothing wrong, luckily we weren't that poor, we were the average people, to be precise I hated everyone that mistreated my mother.

As I woke up in the morning I heard that father was here screaming along with my mother, I couldn't hear them yell at each other anymore, I am only 11, I just want to get out of here.

"Eleanor come her for God's sake!" My father screamed, I got up and went there.

"Y-yes, father?" He stood there, looked me up and down and sighed, then he turned towards my mother.

"I'm taking her, I do not care if you like it or not, I will turn her into a maid that will serve the future princess, and that is a must, no questions." My father said and turned towards me, took my hands by force and started to drag me out of the house.

"No please, no my love, please rethink the contract with his Majesty, she is only a little child please, my love?" She started to cry at the door as my father continued to drag me next to the carriage.

"She will not die, so stop your crying already, I will let her come and visit you, so just sit back in there." My father said to her as he got me and threw me in the carriage, it looked like he was furious.

He just sat there quietly and kept looking at me.

"Do you know how to read?" He asked without even blinking, I nodded and looked down.

"Do you know how to speak?" I nodded my head again.

"Then speak, let me hear you speak something." He said as he lowered his gaze at my feet. I tried to hide my feet but no use.

"I-I'm sorry father." I apologized.

"Hmm, you will start going to school from the day after tomorrow, so tomorrow you will be taught how to speak formally, do you have a problem with that?" He asked and looked me in my eyes.

"Yes, father, I can do it." I said and the carriage stopped in the middle of a big mansion it looked like a palace.

"This is Duke's house, you will be staying in here, be a good girl and listen to the Duke okay?" He asked me, I looked at him and he was smiling, I found it weird, to be honest he never even looked at me, maybe he was busy with work, but he was warm.

"Ah, mr. Wright, welcome." A butler said as he welcomed my father inside, I was just looking at how well dressed the butler was, I forgot that I stared for way to long at him.

"Hello young miss, do you like my watch?" He said as he took out a pocket watch. I widened my eyes and shook my head.

"N-no sir, I was just admiring your suit." I said as I got away from him.

"She is not like other children I'll say that." The butler said as he smiled.

"Let me show you your way then, sir, young miss, please follow me." He said as he turned towards the big mansion.

"Ah I actually am a bit late for my work, so I will leave her here and go, send my regards to the Duke Normandy." He said as he looked at me and went to the carriage again. I was looking at him but then the butler came near me and scared me.

"Ahh." I moved away from him.

"Young miss, please do not be afraid, I am here to assist you and make you comfortable to the Duke's mansion." He said as he extended his hand to grab mine, he was gentle unlike my father, I looked at him for a second then gave him my hand, we started to go closer to the mansion, it was so beautiful, it had all different kind of flowers, starting from roses, tulips, chrysanthemum, dahlia, peony, orchid, and hydrangeas. They were so beautiful.

"Do you like them, young miss?" He asked me and I turned around to meet his eyes, shaking he might hit me like my father.

"I-I'm sorry, please don't hit me, I wont look at them anymore." I looked down on his feet, as he started to move closer to me I was so terrified that I started shaking.

He just took me in a hug, he was patting my back, it was so warm, it was so good, eventually his shoulder started to get wet, I didn't understand why, but then I touched my cheeks, they were tears coming from my eyes.

"Ah, what? I'm so sorry." He took me in his arms and patted me again.

"It's okay, you can cry as much as you'd like, just let it out." My eyes started watering again, and I started crying out loud. After some time, I felt so comfy that eventually fell asleep in his shoulders.

AUTHOR'S POV:

As the butler was taking little Eleanor away in the big mansion, he looked up and saw the duke that he was watching from his office, the duke looked so furious and angry. The butler got inside and headed straight to little's Eleanor room, he wanted to let her sleep on the bed, but little Eleanor didn't let the butler go even in her sleep, all she felt was safe. So the butler headed to the duke's office room, on his way there he heard little Eleanor's word saying "Justice.", the butler stopped and looked at her with the thought that she may be the smartest kid of her age.

The butler arrived in front of the duke's office room, he knocked three times before entering the room.

"Come in, please!" he said gently, as the butler got in, duke Normandy looked up and saw little Eleanor in the butlers hands.

"Is she okay? She looks really pale." The duke said as he got up, and approached them, he looked little Eleanors face and she was sleeping while holding the butlers clothing very tight.

"She feels comfortable with you, was she crying for that whole time?" The duke asked worried about little Eleanor.

"Yes, sir. She was looking at the garden with the different kind of flowers which in she was amazed by it, then I asked if she liked them, she started crying and apologizing-"

"Okay that's enough, had she any scars that were shown on her body?" The duke started questioning the butler everything.

"As I felt while I patted her back, it looked like there were scars from the whip, I don't know what happened but, I can go and figure out what happened, sir." The butler said that, and the duke sat on the couch and signed the butler to sit next to him without waking up little Eleanor.

"It will be a long journey, she will be worth everything, so prepare everything that this mansion has the best. And, let her rest for a month first." The duke looked too tired to continue the work, so he just laid down reading the contracts that some persons send to him, as he was flipping the papers and fell asleep with the papers on his chest, the butler had laid down with little Eleanor, it was almost dinnertime, but the duke had given permission to go to bed early this time, as they all were tired, the butler suddenly woke up and didn't find little Eleanor on the bed, he got up and started to search everywhere for her.

He searched all of the mansion with the others but still couldn't find her, the butler entered the office room, he found the duke and little Eleanor laying beside each other, it was a beautiful sight to see, as the duke had fell asleep with the papers on his chest, but this time he had a young lady that was a beautiful lady laying on his chest, the moon light was shining the duke's face, which it looked like a fairy, he had long eyelashes, with long eyebrows, they were thick, and yet not so thick, long black hair but at the beginning they were dark red which no one could see them, he had a beautiful face, even when he slept.

The butler was so happy that he took a blanket and covered them both and left the room. They where sleeping peacefully, then the duke woke up from the sudden weight on his chest, he opened his eyes and looked on his chest, just to find a young beautiful lady laying on his chest sleeping peacefully like there is no danger in this world.

He just smiled and brushed her hair with his hand, and stroked her eyebrows, he watched her breath until he fell asleep again.

Author here,
The chapters will be released every Wednesday, hope you will like it in the future.