Chapter 3

Trigger warning! There's mentions of blood as well as death, read at your own free will!

The maid knocked and entered to find little Eleanor sleeping soundly, but the problem was that she was wrapped with a towel, the maid took her and still gave her a bath with warm water, and with rose fragrances, she dried her and put her on the bed, covered her with the blankets and let her rest.

The duke on the other hand, had a lot of work to handle, as he had started after three hours he had dark circles under his eyes, he heard a knock on his door.

"Come in." He answered tiredly, as the maid came in, she brought tea, which he had stopped drinking three years ago.

"The young lady has fallen asleep again, my lord, and I brought these cookies with tea, please enjoy my lord." She turned around to leave, but the duke stopped her midway.

"Is there something to celebrate about that you brought me these?" The duke looked straight at her.

"Yes my lord, you got a daughter now, she is a young pretty lady." She said as she smiled, the duke saw her swollen eyes that she had cried, he looked down and smiled.

"Indeed, I got the chance to have another daughter, so I will give my body and soul this time to save her, I will give her all my knowledge, thank you Maddie." The duke said with a big smile on his face, that no one has ever seen, the maid started crying again, she was finally happy to see the lord of the estate smiling for the first time in three years.

AFTER THREE YEARS

"Did I do well, my lord." Little Eleanor asked as she wiped her sweat from her chin.

"Yes, as a reward you will go to see your mother a bit, but the butler will come with you, is it okay?" Little Eleanor's face brightened up.

"Of course my lord, I'm thankful to you, my lord." She smiled widely, as a return of gratitude she would be ready to do anything, just like he would like to be.

Soon the night time came, the butler and little Eleanor got on the carriage.

"Are you excited, my lady?" The butler asked her. She hold a posture like an adult would, the chin up, straight posture, her hands on her lap.

"Yes, actually I'm very excited to see how she is doing, I missed her." She said with a smile on her face, after ten or so minutes they arrived at little Eleanor's manor.

"Please wait for me here, I won't be long." Little Eleanor said as she dropped on the ground.

"Can't do young miss, I need to protect you if anything happens." The butler smiled gently letting her know that she needs him beside her.

"Don't worry sir, if anything I will call you, I promise." She said and then she turned around walking towards the door.

She opened the door and looked around she didn't see her mother so she decided to go and look for her on the second floor. She heard screams, she opened the door just to find that the imperial guards had raped and beaten up her mother, as she was about to scream to tell the butler that she needs help, one of the guards covered up her mouth preventing her to scream, she tried to struggle and get out of his grip but it was useless, the guards gathered and discussed something.

"We need to burn this place, we shouldn't be leaving evidence as the emperor has ordered." One of the guards said looking at little Eleanor, she looked raged, she was looking at them with fearsome eyes, as a kid she had self confidence, she looked lustful, ready to snap their necks for a second, but it was a matter of a time. They tied little Eleanor and threw her next to her mother, her mother was barely breathing, she crawled closer to her mother, she had her mouth covered and hands, legs tied up, she was all raged for a kid, she looked at something that she could use, something sharp but there was nothing to find, soon she started to smell the smoke that came from across the room, she tried to look to untie the ropes on her hand but they were tied too tight.

She turned towards her mother if she could help her and then get up together, but she was half asleep.

"Mem, em uak uh, mem ui ihd tu eshkap." (Mom, mom wake up we need to escape.) Little Eleanor tried to get her attention but it was no use. Her mother turned towards her.

"My little one, I'm sorry I couldn't p-protect you, please forgive this mother of yours." The fire came behind her mother catching her feet.

The butler tried open the door but it was no use, the guards had locked the door and gotten out from the back door. He saw the flames breaking the windows so he went to the carriage to get his sword to break the door, he swung the sword at the door, the door split in half, he went to all the rooms on the first floor to find the young miss, but he didn't find her on the first floor, he went up at the second floor, an explosion happened and he flew back to the first floor.

"YOUNG MISS!" He screamed, blood running from his head next to his eyes and down, he started running to the second floor he searched every room except her mothers room, as he enter that room he saw her mother covering her little body and screaming from the pain that the flames were causing, little Eleanor looked like she was unconsciousness as she had blood on the mouth, he went to the two bodies were they where laying on the ground, he took her mother and her on his hands and jumped from the window, he used himself as a shield to protect the two women that they were hurt, as they fell on the ground the two other guards that where with the butler came to help, the young miss was unconsciousness but unharmed, the mother was dying slowly from the beating and everything they did to her.

"Save the mother first, don't worry about me, go." The butler said as he got up and went closer to the mother.

She was coughing blood, but she still tried to get up and go to little Eleanor, as she got closer blood started to drop on little Eleanor's face, she woke up and saw her mother, she got up quickly, her ears were ringing, and felt dizzy, but she still went closer to her mother.

"Mom, mom, please lay here, don't leave yet, we need to go to the garden together remember, you promised me, so please don't leave me yet." Little Eleanor started crying as she had her eyes wide open.

"M-my little o-one......" Her mother tried to reach her cheek with her hand, as she touched her cheek she smiled.

"I'm a-always with...... y-you." She said and her hand dropped on the ground, little Eleanor widened her eyes, she screamed, her scream wasn't any girlie or manly scream, she screamed with rage and hatred towards the ones that did this, soon her eyes went all white and fell on the ground, the butler came closer to check her, luckily she was unconsciousness, he was relieved, he turned towards her mother in an instant, she had died, he tried checking the pulse but still it was no use, she couldn't be saved, she was burned so much, he tried to get up but couldn't, some of his ribs were broken as he used himself to protect them.

He looked around and saw that the carriage was close, he got up without wincing In pain, he got little Eleanor and put her in the carriage, then he went to talk to the guards which they were trying to put the fire out.

"Stay here with the corpse until I get back, the fire is too big to put it out, we need to investigate first thing tomorrow morning." He said holding his ribs, and looking at the fire he continued to speak with the guards.

He started coming closer to the carriage, as he got in, he found little Eleanor in a bad shape, he thought that she was uninjured, but it turned out that she had quite a scar in her hand, it looked like she was trying to get out of the ropes, but they were too tighten up for her. The butler clenched his teeth in anger.

"Let's get going to the estate." The butler threw his head back, he was in pain, but he still was thankful that he was able to protect at least the young miss.

They arrived at the estate and the butler made his way to the physician as fast as he could, luckily he was still on his office.

"Hurry check her, quick." The butler said as he put little Eleanor on the bed, then he got away and sat on the chair wincing.

"What happened? Luckily she isn't injured much but you are in bad shape, how did you get so injured?" The physician asked him, he told to get the duke to a maid as fast as she can.

Enjoy!