Chapter 23

"I understand you, it was the rules, and we can't go back in time now, so just forget it, it was in the past. I forgive you for what you've done." The duke said and Louis began to cry silently. The duke hugged him and caressed his back.

"What did I miss?" Said Eleanor as she went in their direction. "You're not taking me in a hug too?" She said as she opened her arms and smiled at them, Louis smiled and the three of them hugged each other.

"Now, shall we go and get ready for the academy, I need to check something somewhere too." She said as she sighed and looked at the duke.

"Sure, we will leave in the morning, so I guess you are already packed up, and so are the twins." He said as he looked at Arianna and Amir, Tatiana though looked with a sad look.

"Auntie, why don't you come along us too, I mean, it would be fun to duel you again, since that time I couldn't." Eleanor said as she smiled, Tatiana looked at her as she was thinking, and looked at the duke, the duke sighed, he thought it was a bad idea, the Tatiana turned her gaze and turned her.

"Sure, since I will beat someone, I'm willing to tag along." She said with an amusement looked in her face.

"Well then, that makes two of us." Eleanor said as she and Tatiana giggled. After that they all went on their rooms and fell asleep, except Eleanor, she had her lights on, as she was writing something on a paper sheet, something on the window started to crack, she looked at the window and saw little rocks being thrown. She opened the window and saw the man with the mask. She smiled and jumped from the window.

"What are you doing here?" Eleanor asked as she went closer to him. He grabbed her hand and pulled her away from the house.

"Sorry for the inconvenience, I just needed to see you for the last time here." He said as he let go of her hand, and she looked at him, then she looked around, she saw that there were at least 8 to 10 people.

"Well then, but why would it be the last time, I'm sure we will see each other again, but you didn't have to bring so many people with you." She said as she got her knife and looked at him. He started laughing.

"Don't worry about them, they are just waiting for me, because tonight we are leaving from here, I wanted to say thank you." Eleanor frowned; she was confused.

"Thank me for what exactly?" Eleanor asked as she stepped closer to him.

"For saving my life from the wild boar." He said took something from his pockets.

"What? It was nothing, I was just teasing you for the weapons but then he appeared unexpectedly."
Eleanor said as was close to him and looking behind him.

"Well, still thank you, you even gave it to the orphanage down there, and take this, when the right time comes, I'll find you again." He said as he handed something to Eleanor, she took it on her hands, it was a pendant, it had a gem stone in it.

"Why are you giving me this?" Eleanor asked as she looked closer at the pendant.

"Because you will keep it safe until we meet again, be careful with it, it's precious to me." He said and he looked at the field.

"If this is so precious to you, then why are you giving it to me?" Eleanor asked as she put it around her neck, the masked man looked at her.

"Well, because I thought it would suit you for at least until we meet again. And, we will." He said as he took her hand and took of his mask a bit and kissed her hand and wore his mask again.

"We will see each other again." Eleanor said as she looked the other way blushing.

"We will, alright then, have a good night." He said as he started walking away from her. Eleanor stood there and then looked around once more, after they all disappeared, she headed inside from the window, as she got on her bed, the pendant started to shine brightly.

She was mesmerized by the fact of it, she sat down and held it in her hand and looked at it closely, she smiled and let it lay on her chest.

Tomorrow when they woke up, they had found Eleanor brushing the horses, and the bags ready on the horses. As she was brushing the most savage horse, that she would be riding it, the horse started moving its head up and down, Eleanor tried to calm it, but it was no use, the horse went on a rampage. As Eleanor was about to fall on the ground, she stopped herself with her reflexes and the pendant got out of her clothes and the horse stopped, the horse lowered its head and looked Eleanor.

"There we go, nice and obedient." She said as she pats the horse, the horse took her on a hug, the duke started walking towards Eleanor, but Eleanor wrapped her hands around the horse's neck hugging it.

"Lea, step away from the horse." The duke said as he took a small knife out.

"In your dreams father, its obedient now, so don't worry, I will ride the horse myself." Eleanor said as she hopped on the horse, the horse was still and obedient.

"Fine, it looks like you made him for yourself, so you can keep him." The dukes sighed as he took the knife away, Eleanor smiled widely.

"Well then, how about I head on first and look at the territory." Eleanor suggested.

"Lea, you got lost just the other night." Alfie said as he was rubbing his eyes still half asleep, when he realized what he said he apologized.

"What was that Alfie?" The duke asked as he turned towards him looking.

"Well, I saw a dream, of course she wouldn't be lost if she is this smart." He said as he rubbed his neck.

"Father, I'm going first, meet you at the main road." Eleanor said and went on her horse. The duke sighed again as he rubbed his face in frustration.

"She will be the end of me." Said the duke and hoped on the horse.

As Eleanor was riding the horse she went on the right, and turned to the house, at Louis. She got on the ground and went inside, she found Louis in the chair as he looked really tired.

"Louis." All Eleanor said and he turned his gaze on her. He frowned; and got up approaching her.

"Didn't you leave before them?" He asked as Eleanor stepped closer towards him.

"Yes, but I needed to confirm two things with you."

"My mother, she was hiding something from Ryan, but you know what it is." She said as she looked at him, Louis sighed and nodded, then he turned his gaze towards her.

"Yes, I know something that she told me to not tell anyone, but it looks like I couldn't hide it very much." Louis said as he had tears in his eyes, then he let out a sigh.

"Have you read about how the last empire had fallen?" Louis asked.

"Yes, the current emperor had killed the previous emperor and prisoned the entire family and after he executed them all." She said tilting her head on her side.