Chapter 15

"So you didn't hate me or my mom, you just hated my last father?" She asked as she had tears on her face, the duke grabbed her cheeks and then hugged her.

"How could I? You are my everything, even if you tried to kill me, I still would love you." He said as he kept her in a long hug, as she finally felt the warmth of his father she fainted in his arms. The duke took her on her hands and went downstairs.

"I'm sure Lea had made her decision on letting you stay here, so please take care of the house on my behalf, and I will send you some money so you can fix some part of the house, have a good day for now." The duke said as he got out and placed Eleanor on the carriage.

"You three, stay here and guard them." Said the duke and got inside of the carriage where Eleanor was, James sat in front of her as he was nervous as he was thinking that he messed up again.

"We have a long talk to make, James." Said the duke as he sat while crossing his legs.

"I'm sorry, I messed up, I didn't know-" The duke groaned.

"She married him so she could find who killed her husband, she was undercover, she had found something, or they wouldn't kill her just for fun would they?" The duke said as he sounded angry with himself.

"I'm sorry Ryan, I'll apologize once she wakes up." He said as he rubbed his neck.

"You better do so, if you don't, I'll give her the right to kill you." The duke looked at him and pulled his ear scolding him, they both began to laugh.

"I need to teach everything that she needs to know, including that night." James looked very shocked and then nodded.

"She needs you by her side as well." James said as he smiled.

"I don't think I will be there for her in the future." The duke said, but James punched him in the arm.

"Don't let her hear that, or I'll kill you."

After three days, Eleanor woke up, she saw that she was in her room, she curled, and saw that her wounds had started to heal.

She saw the butler outside watering the flowers, she decided to go to him. As she got out and went to the butler, she realized as maybe he might know something about her mother.

"Hey, John." John was surprised and looked behind him, he saw that Eleanor had woken up.

"Young miss, you woke up, are you feeling okay? Do you need to sit or maybe to lay down?" Eleanor smiled at his kindness.

"I'm okay John, I just needed to talk to you for something." John took her hand and took her to the garden where the seat is.

"Sit down, miss, do you want anything to drink, I'll go and get it for you." He said in a gentle tone.

"No, it's okay, just down and let's talk." Eleanor said as she looked down.

"Alright, is something concerning you, young miss?" He asked as he looked worried.

"I have a question for you, in my pants I had some metal in there and some letter, do you know where they are?" She asked, she was worried if she had lost it.

"You didn't have anything in the pants, miss." Said the butler, her eyes were open wide.

"Oh, okay, I need you to tell the duke that tonight I need to go there, someone is waiting for me." She said as she rose on her feet and went to get a horse, and got on the horse she started to ride it until she went to the destination she wanted.