Chapter 33

"My pleasure is all mine, how may I help you, principal?" I said jumping straight in the subject. I heard a knock on the door, something is wrong with me, I could hear the footsteps approaching.

"Come in." The principal said as he leaned back in his chair.

"Sorry for being late, principal." The principal waved and told him to sit down.

As I looked at my side I saw the prince, I kept myself as I was in a duty, professionally.

"So, the reason why I called you Lea here, is because I signed you in the same class as the prince, and can you be his bodyguard?" I froze, I leaned back in my chair and got my leg on top of the other.

"Principal, I am just a mere student in here, I came to study and to be a knight, I can't and won't be anyone's bodyguard for now, and I'm sure his highness has enough bodyguards as they keep following me around." I said as I raised an eyebrow.

"Who came with that idea?" The prince asked, I grabbed a glass that was filled with alcohol and sipped it, the principal looked surprised and looked at the prince gulping.

"It was my idea." The principal said.

"It doesn't matter whose idea it was, but just don't forget I got the duke's blood running in my veins, and I won't

let myself dirty the name of the duke." I said as I got up and looked him straight in his eyes making him nervous.

"And you should lower the prices a bit, if you want to benefit from the students." I said and I got out. It was nigh time already. As I got in my room, my roommate luckily was Arianna, as I opened the door she was up and was reading a book.

"Hey, Arianna, you need to go to sleep, tomorrow will be a tiresome day." I said as I started to change onto all black, I got my cloak on and headed out of the window.

"Are you insane, why out of the window?" I smiled at her reaction, it was way easier out of the window than the door, due to the guards.

"Shhh, it's easier." I said and landed on the ground, then I began to run. As I crossed the gates I saw horses, that was strange, I took one and started riding towards the estate, a horse came next to me, it seemed that the masked man had prepared the horse.

"Can we talk after you are done with your thing?" He asked, I was confused how did he find me every time, he just pops out of nowhere, like he is following my every move, and if it is so, then I need to be more careful from now on.

"Where you following me?" I said, and stopped in my track, he came to my other side.

"Well, don't freak out, kind off yeah, I'm on a mission assigned by someone who, years ago told me to protect her bird, which it was you, Eleanor Wright." I froze, I took my sword and out it in his throat, he rested his hands on the horse.

"Are you an imperial dog as well? Because there is no way my mother would let someone to protect me." I said as I looked him straight at his masked eyes.

"Well, Eleanor, your mother wasn't who send me, it was someone else, I don't know either, but it looked like she knows you too well, and put your sword down, now." He said, but before he could talk again, I demanded.

"Take your mask off!" I said as I saw him flinch, I was confused, why would someone send someone to watch me.

"I can't do that, but listen to me, I know that you are planning something very dangerous, but listen to me, we can do it together." I looked deadly at him.

"Even though I'm trying to kill him?" I said as calmly as I could.

"You know you can't kill him, there are too much guards around his room, and even the empire." I moved my sword closer to his mask.

"You know something, don't you? You are one of them, aren't you? That night where all of you raped and tortured my poor mother, she couldn't even protect herself, you tied her hands so she couldn't touch or scratch you, because you knew we could find you, and you forced yourself at her, at a poor lady, and I know this wasn't the first time you have done this, and that night, I was about to kill the lieutenant, but the first prince was passing that way, he just had to pass by that road, I was about to tear him to shreds, and God knows what was about to do on that night." I said as a drop of tear escaped my left eye.

"Elea-"

"Shut up, just tell me who you are, if you are one of them, fucking hell, prepare to die by my hands tonight."

"Eleanor, I'm not one of them, and you can't kill so easily, you will live with traumas all your life."

"It's not my first murder, this would be my fifth one by now." I said as I tried to get his mask off with my sword, but he grabbed the sword with his hand, I flinched, I didn't want to hurt him, I just wanted to look his face.

"Lea, I'm not of the imperial dogs, I'm trying to bring them down as well." I stopped at his words. He pulled my sword pulling me along with it.

"I know your story very well, and what had happened, so please, don't ever cry in front of me again." He said as he wiped my tears, I was angry at him, but it was true he was there when I needed someone when the duke got hurt.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry I hurt you." He let go of my sword and I put it away.

"It's fine, I get how upset you are, this is just a minor injury." It's what he said, but his blood is dropping on the ground making a small puddle of blood.