Chapter 32

"Keep it, a small gift from me." He said as he vanished in a second, I smiled and turned to walk towards the house.

"Young lady, why are you outside in this cold?" John said as he opened the door quickly.

"It's alright John, it was only a minute, why didn't you come yesterday?" I asked as I tried to look as normal as I could.

"Actually, young lady, we were, but it turned out that the duke and you were sleeping next to each other, as Alfie was in the corner and keeping a watch on the surroundings." I gasped and turned red.

"I'm so sorry, I was just so tired and it looks like I have fallen asleep." I apologized at him, then I hear footsteps coming from the lobby.

"It's alright young lady, but we need to prepare you for the first day of the academy." Right, the academy starts today, how could I forget about it.

"Yeah, I'll go up and get ready." I started to walk towards my room, I saw Alfie, he had gotten ready and smiled at him.

"Thank you, for yesterday." He bowed a bit I put a hand on his shoulder and shook my head.

"No need for that anymore, you are my friend. And you always will be." I smiled and went to change on my uniform.

I went directly to the duke's room, opened the door and he was standing at the windows.

"You need to sit down in order to heal quickly." I said smiling as I went to him.

"You look......... ugly." He said as he made a face.

"And you look very... almost... dead." We began to laugh.

I went for a hug and whispered in his ear.

"I'll visit you every night." He nodded and sent me off, as I got in the carriage with Alfie. Amir and Arianna, I felt very sleepy, I had a feeling that this academy would be very boring.

When I stepped out of the carriage, I looked over the academy, it was pretty big. I turned around and helped with the luggage. After we went inside, there were some butlers waiting for us to take us in our separate rooms, I stopped midway, there was a fight, they looked like they were commoners fighting for their room.

"What seems to be the problem here?" I asked as I looked at both of them, on was quiet, and fragile, while the other was grumpy and was the one who started the fight first.

"It's nothing, who are you to butt in someone's else's fight?" The grumpy one said, and I looked at their butler.

"They were fighting over rooms, young miss." And then I looked over the quiet boy and the grumpy one.

"Who is she that you are paying your respects to." I went to the quiet boy and looked him in the eye.

"Come with me, I'll give you my room." I said as I started to follow Alfie and the others. As the butler headed me to my room, I shoved the kid in my room.

"That's your room now, keep it nice and warm. Lead me to the other room, a normal one not that big." The butler just looked me like he saw a ghost.

"Young miss, only you and the prince have permission to enter this floor." I nodded; it was even better to avoid that idiot.

"A normal room, please, I'm not here to tell the others that I have a high status, while the others struggle to eat."  He nodded, and then I saw the prince behind him, he smiled. I just smiled at him and turned around to look around the academy, with Arianna of course.

"I'm worried that they will say anything." I sighed and smiled at her, Arianna was wearing a hijab, she is always afraid to wear it in public.

"Arianna, no one will say anything to you, so what if you're the hijab, it's part of you, and you wanted that, so don't let the others tell you otherwise." I said as we were walking in the garden behind the academy.

"Well, the fact that they are looking at me scares me, so I'm feeling uneasy." I sighed and sat her on the bench.

"Listen Arianna, I don't know how you feel, but I believe you, and trust me you won't leave my side even for a little bit, I'll always be by your side, so please don't let the others take that beauty of your go to waste." She smiled and nodded.

"Your right, why should I listen to them when this is what I like." She said smiling warmly, suddenly I heard two footsteps coming in this direction, by their footsteps I could tell that they are seniors.

"Isn't that duke Ryan's daughter?" I already could hear them whisper to each other.

"She is, and not only her father is strong, even she is in the same level of him, or maybe she surpassed him." I turned my head quickly to look who said that, I saw the prince, he had said that and smirked, but how couldn't I tell his presence or hear his footsteps.

"That isn't true, my prince, just the other day the young prince defeated me, remember." I said in a sarcastic voice.

The prince just chuckled. "Well, it was kind of true, the way he was just about to hit you." I just smirked, bowed and turned towards Arianna.

"Let's go back Arianna, it's getting a bit late." Arianna looked behind me and nodded getting up.

"Wait-" I could hear one of his friends about to reach to me, but suddenly someone stopped him, I didn't turn around to look, I just kept walking straight.

"What happened yesterday?" She asked and I looked at her.

"I went to look for a book in the library and ran into his little brother, he begged me to spar with him, so we went on a quiet place, I didn't want to tell them I was strong, but he, he knew something, he had seen me fighting with the general, but he is just keeping quiet." I said as I looked dead on the open space, there wasn't anything, but it gave me the feeling that someone is following us.

"Be careful from now on." I said smiling as we continued to talk about different things.

"Lea!" I heard Alfie coming from behind. I turned and he was with Amir.

"What are you two doing here?" I asked as they looked breathless?!

"The principal is looking for you." Amir said, I was a bit confused as why he was looking for me. Did the prince sell me out? But what could he benefit from me if he could sell me, a higher position, the hero? I gritted my teeth.

"Alright then, I'm going." As I was walking, I was kind of angry, I can't tell exactly why I was.

As I stepped closer to the principal's office, I knocked.

"Come in." I could hear from the inside.

"Ah miss Lea, what a pleasure to finally meet you, please take a seat." I sat in front of him.