Chapter 13

"Is there any bed in here?" The father asked the boy.

"Yes, it's one upstairs, but it's half burned." The father nodded and looked at Eleanor.

"Take her there for now, did she clean her wound?" He asked him again.

"Yes, I helped her stitch the wound." The boy asked as he lifted Eleanor from the ground, and started going up to the room they were before.

The siblings started to follow them, Eleanor groaned a bit as he let her in the bed and looked for blankets, but he didn't find any.

"Alfie!" One of the siblings shouted as there was an old arrow on the wall. The boy made the way to where the siblings where they shouted from.

"What? What happened?" The boy asked, but the siblings were a bit scared but excited at the same time.

"Look an arrow." The girl said as she pointed towards the arrow, when he saw it, he started getting closer to it.

It had a note on it, but he didn't read it, because there was the name of Eleanor.

"Let's go down first, and don't come in this room until the lady says so." He said as he touched the siblings on their shoulder. "We need to respect her from now on, she helped us by giving her own house to us." He said smiling at the siblings.

As they went down, Eleanor got up gasping, it wasn't a bad dream or any of that kind, her body sensed danger, she threw her body out of the bed and ran down, she grabbed their heads and pushed them down, the windows were broken as someone got inside and started running towards her.

She jumped on her table and got on the kitchen's side, she opened a drawer and got the biggest knife there was, as she turned to face the enemy, he attacked first, she blocked his movement and pushed him away.

"Get on the second floor right now!" Eleanor shouted at them making them flinch, the boy hesitated to go up. 

"But I want to-" He tried to help her but she shouted once more. "Get the hell out of here." She shouted as the enemy went straight to him, she jumped in the middle of them taking the enemy head-to-head, the boy fell down from the sudden move of the enemy.

The boy went up and found a secret room and took his family, and closed the door and went to the other room hiding himself. As Eleanor was fighting with the enemy, as she went for his chest he dodged, he was about to hit her but she blocked his move sending his arm away and charging with the knife right into his stomach but he grabbed her hand and pulled her to his side going under her arm and taking her leg making her fall behind, her legs were over his shoulders, as he pushed her legs away, he took the knife and tried to stab her, but she caught her hand and pushed him with the leg.

His head was on her lower stomach and she locked his head with her legs and took the knife out of his hand, she tightens her grip with her legs around his neck. He grabbed her leg trying to free her head but it was use, he passed out from the pressure on his neck. Eleanor released him as she breathed heavily, her wound reopened once again, as she was breathing, she got up and went upstairs.

"Boy, where are you?" She said as she held her wound, she saw him coming at her.

"Lean on me-" He offered her help but she interrupted his words.

"Where are they? Are they safe?" The boy smiled softly and nodded his head. "Where are they?" She asked once more.

"They are over there." HE said as he leaded the way, as she saw that place she froze, the boy helped the, get out but she went and looked that place.

"Miss, I found that this room can lead you to another room." Said the young girl, Eleanor just smiled at the girl and went in, blood was dripping from her, but she was too busy looking through that hallway. She found a room full of silver and gold, Eleanor started thinking, if the duke knew her mother, then her mother knew something that wasn't supposed to know, so maybe that's why they killed her, because she knew way too much that she should have.

As she was looking through the room, she saw a bunch of letters wrapped with rubber, she took it and she started to become dizzy.

"Miss are you okay?" The boy asked once again as he came in the room, he was surprised to see the gold and the silver, but then he focused on Eleanor, she was about to fall when he took her in his arms. He went to the bed and placed her slowly, he took her shirt off and saw the blood coming from her.

"Miss, I know that you can't hear me but, in any case, I'm letting you know that I'm borrowing you some money to buy some medical things for you, so you just wait her patient, and I'll sent my father in here, for any case." He said as he took 10 silver coins and went out, his father came right after, so did his siblings.

"Hello miss, I'm the father of three children that you let take your house for a shelter, my name is Lin Brody Moss, and I was once a doctor, so I will treat your wound now, my oldest son went to buy you some medication, his name is Alfie Moss, his younger sister is called Keith Lloyd Moss, and his younger brother is called Davidson Alyx Moss." He said as he was looking at her wound, she was breathing way to heavily, he took out her previous stitches and he was wiping the blood with some clothes from the room.

Then Alfie came running from the downstairs with his hands full of things, he got cleaned bandages, needles, thread and alcohol. His father took the needle and put it on the alcohol, then he continued putting the thread in the needle. He started to stitch her, Eleanor woke up creaming, it was double the pain that it was before, Alfie held her down.

"Hand me the alcohol." Said Eleanor barely breathing, Alfie handed her the bottle of the alcohol and she drank it more than half, as she laid back, Alfie's father started the work again, she realized something in the middle.

"Boy, go and tie that man, he is unconsciousness, so it won't be a problem for you." She said as she grabbed him by the arm. He nodded and went, the siblings going after him, his father looked at Eleanor.

"How did you get this wound, if I may ask, young miss?" He asked as he was focusing on the wound, Eleanor winced and sighed.

"A week ago, I fought with someone, he was chasing me to kill me, but I ended up splitting him from his lower stomach to his left ear, I thought that I killed him luckily he wasn't dead." He stopped and looked at Eleanor.

"Was it the prince?" Eleanor stood up about to fight him. "Don't worry miss, I won't tell anyone, after all you've done for us, I wouldn't dare to repay your kindness like this." He said as he put his hands in the air, Eleanor relaxed and sat on the bed.

"Yes, it was the prince, but they have not my identity yet, so if anything, I'm coming for your head." She warned him as she wrapped the bandages around her wound. He started to help her.

"Young miss, why did you give us shelter?" HE asked making Eleanor freeze, she looked at him and then got up.

"Because he was desperate for his siblings, and since I don't have any, I was curious as why would he give his life for them." She said as she wore a clean shirt. They got out of the room and went downstairs.

"Boy, what's your name?" Eleanor asked once again, as she was looking at the man tied up in a chair.

"Alfie Moss, miss Eleanor." As he said 'Miss Eleanor', she looked at him with a furrowing face.

"Don't call me that, I'm younger than you anyway, thank you for your help." Eleanor said as she gave him a quick smile and went to the man in the chair, she slapped him trying to wake him up, but it was no use, she went and took a glass of water, she threw the water in his face making him up all of the sudden.

"Who sent you?" Was the first thing Eleanor asked as she was on the same gaze as him.

"They sent me to get your head." Answered the enemy, as he struggled to get out of the ropes, Eleanor went behind him and got the rope in her hand. As he raised him in his feet, she threw the chair out of her way, she took him and went to the back garden and pushed him on the ground as she was on top of him with a knee on his shoulder.