Chapter 27

Tears began to drop on my hands as I read the letter my mom had left me. I hurried to open the other one.

"Dear Eleanor,

Today was a beautiful day, you turned 9 years today, congratulations. I can't walk really good now, but what's the best that you got interested in the outside world now, but now you have to be extra careful, they are watching us, but as long as I'm by your side you don't need to worry about that, just be careful when you go outside. The letter that you will find, you need to slowly and carefully read them, they are important, if something happens you need to find a pendant. That pendant has a gemstone in it, it has the color of purple, I think it will suit your eyes, but with that pedant you can go as you please anywhere you want, even in the palace. Today it will be short due to Ceasar, because he is coming a bit earlier today, but I will make sure to write again. Just be careful who you trust and who you don't.
                                -I love you, Eleanor. From Layla."

This time I started crying, but the realization hit me, the pendant my mother had described in the letter is the same as the pedant the masked guy gave to me. I took the pedant and looked into it. It really had the purple color in it. But why did it shine that night then? And what's the blood of Cliodhna? Who was my mother? And where did she come from? I had so much question, I was panicking until I felt two warm hands on my face and they leaded me towards Alfie. He was saying something, but I couldn't hear him clearly.

"Relax........." Was all I could hear. From him.

Then I breathed deeply and released the breath, so did Alfie together with me, I noticed his freckles on his nose, and I remembered the note my mom had described my father.

"You're okay now, breathe slowly, what happened? The room, was shining a lot." I widened my eyes when he said 'shining'.

"The pendant. My mother. My father. The masked man." I got up and opened the door going to the Ryan's office, I slammed it open.

"Ryan? Where is my father's grave?" Ryan looked up shocked and then coughed.

"Carlos's grave, where is it?" I said as the glowing started to spread again.

I saw the duke get up and reached me as he came running, grabbed me and held me tight.

"Eleanor, breathe." He was shouting at me, I looked behind him and saw a black thing flash outside the window, it was the masked man, he was signing to breath? I breathed and he got his thumps up, he was signing to do it again. I did but this time, Ryan grabbed my face and looked straight at me.

"Are you feeling alright? Are you feeling hot? Are you about to throw up?" I put my finger to his lips making him hush.

"I'm fine, father, but I need to know, where is Carlos's grave." I said as I looked him in the eyes and remembered the box in my room, and I ran straight to it. I opened my door and ran inside; the window was opened but the box wasn't touched, I got the box and locked it, I didn't find the key. The key that's right, where is it? Well, I can just break it. As I take the box and get into Ryan's office and curl up at his desk while holding the box tightly and shut my eyes. I could feel the duke coming closer, so did Alfie.

"Don't come any closer than that." I said as I looked out of the window. It was a man with a different mask, he was holding onto a rope, outside it was almost winter, I could see his steam, he looked like he just came out of hell, maybe it was the devil itself, I felt a shiver as he looked at me through the window.

"Stay down." I could hear Ryan say, but my instincts said otherwise, as the masked man broke the window, I threw the box to Alfie and jumped at the masked man, making us both fall on the ground downstairs. I could feel his hands grabbing me tightly as we hit the ground, he made a big sound when we hit the ground.

As I raise my head, I get dizzy and I hold onto his chest as I try to clear my dizziness. He held her by her waist.

"Don't, don't get up just yet." Was all he said, I knew that it was the same guy as I met the last time.

"What are you doing here?" I whispered as I pretended to put a knife in his throat.

"I saw a big light coming from here, and I was in town anyway, so I thought I'd check, then the second one hit in the duke's office, I wanted to know what it was." I shake my head and get up but fail, as my head tingled, I could hear a lot of noises at once, it hurts, why does it hurt so much? I curled and held my head; I could hear so many things at the same time. I could feel somebody's touch on me, but before I looked up everything became black.

"Eleanor, what are you doing here?" I could hear my mother's voice at this beautiful place.

"So, this is Eleanor, my daughter." This time it was a man's voice.

It was too white, until I could focus on them. My mother was smiling happily, and holding someone's arm, he was brown haired tall, golden eyes and had freckles on his face. It was my father, I started to walk towards them.

"Eleanor, you are too early to be in here. You haven't accomplished your mission yet."

"You need, to find my grave, my beautiful daughter.

"Father? Mother?" Was all I could say at that moment, they both smiled and hugged me, I could feel her, them.

"Go and take the throne, it belongs to you." This time it was a different voice, a more demanding one. I turned around and I saw a woman, she had aqua hair, her eyes were all white shining, she was wearing a black cloak with gold endings, she was holding a sword made out of animal spine and it shined blue, she had long fingers with long nails, near her eyes you could tell she had cried, as she was floating.

"That's the Goddess of beauty and war." My mother said as she pushed me towards her, the beautiful lady caught me, but stabbed me.

"You will go back into your world now and earn your throne as you should have." She said as hugged me, the stabbing didn't hurt or anything I was caught by surprise when she stabbed me, I could feel myself telling my mother and my father something.

"I love you, father, mother." And that's when I started to cough blood and saw Ryan by my said losing his mind. I blinked once and squeezed his hand, he stopped and started crying. To tell the truth I feel lighter right now then I felt ever before.

"Eleanor, don't move, I'll call the imperial physician right now." He said as he got up, I looked around as I was seated and leaned onto the wall, I looked but couldn't find the masked man anymore, I was looking around, but I felt too sleepy.

It's coming to an end soon >-<