Chapter 34

"Tch, you're not alright at all, come with me, let's go to the duke's house together." I said as I grabbed his hand and pulled him towards me.

"Are you sure?" I sighed.

"Well, I injured you, so I should do the at least that for you, and either way, now we are working together and I should tell the duke about it, so yeah, you don't have much of a choice." I said as I let go of him.

"What if I try to kill the duke?" I scoffed.

"Trust me you wouldn't even have a choice about that." He nodded.

"Let's go then, we shouldn't be late." I started to head towards the estate with the masked man beside me.

As we reached the front doors, he was about to collapse.

"Hey, are you okay?" I said as I caught him from falling.

"Yeah, I'm fine, just a bit dizzy from the poison." I was surprised.

"What poison? What happened?" He just laughed.

"Today, before coming here they tried to poison me, but I was quick and took the poison out." He said as he wasn't concerned at all.

"Fine, we're here after all, I will call for the physician." I said as I opened the front door, a maid was passing by and was shocked, she went to call for somebody I think, I went to the physician's room, and sat him down.

"Stay here, I will call the physician and I will tell him that he won't take your mask off." He nodded.

As I opened the door, the physician was already here.

"Check upon him, he is poisoned and is bleeding in his right hand, and don't take his mask off." I tried to explain what I could remember.

"Sure, but are you hurt?" I smiled at him.

"No, I never would get hurt this easily." He smiled back and went inside.

"Oh, and when you finish with him, please escort him to the duke's room, we have a word all the three of us." He nodded and went inside.

I headed towards the duke's room, as I arrived, I knocked and slipped inside.

"Sir, I'm here to give a report." I said as I went closer to him.

"Lea, for the last time, you're not on the duty to act like that. What is it, honey?" He said, his voice sounded a bit tired, I clenched my teeth, and went closer to him.

"It looks like, the vice principal is the dog that we tried to look for, he is in shadows, he started to follow me as soon as I arrived."

"Keep a low profile for now, I thought he was in there." The duke sat straight and looked over at me.

"Also, the general's son attends the academy, he stays with the first prince, they accidentally ran into me." He nods.

"What about the prince, is he doing anything suspicious?" I stopped in my tracks, and slowly nodded.

"I think he knows who I really am, this is going to be a problem in the near future, so I'm trying to be careful around him."

"So, who is that person downstairs?" The duke asked as he got up and walked towards me.

"He is the one that is willing on helping me, he said he was sent by someone to protect me, but it wasn't my mother." The duke froze when I said it. There was a knock on the room and he entered.

"Who are you? Show yourself." The duke commanded, he didn't talk or didn't even move at all.

"Father, I was the one who told him he could hide his face, let's just slide it." The duke looked towards me and his stare burned me through out.

"Fine, I'll let it slide this time, so, how do you plan to help us?" The duke said as he was going near him. The masked man stepped aside.

He took off his mask, and I froze, it was the first prince, I unsheathed the sword and started to walk towards him, I was fooled, trapped by him.

"Eleanor, just hear me out first please." He said, but I didn't have the intention to hear him out, I was fooled, and the mission we worked so hard for was falling apart due to my foolishness, I needed to silence him so he couldn't get a word out to get to the empire. As I ran towards him, he protected himself with his sword. I was going on a rampage, as I was fighting with him, I cut him multiple time but he wasn't fighting back, he was just protecting himself.

"Fight back, come on you always wanted to know how strong I was." I said as rage had already filled me, it wasn't because of him, but because of myself, I had let my guard down.

"Eleanor, just hear me out first, please, I'm not here to-" I slashed his arm making his words to stop.

I'm sorry this episode is short, I've been working on my new book lately and forgot to upload the new chapter, I apologize^-^'