Chapter 38

“Yes, my love.” I said as I got off the shirt, but not my pants, I could hear her breath hitched as she looked at my wounds, the big ones were from her, but the small ones were from my damn uncle.

“Relax moonlight, they are in the past now, they don’t hurt at all.” I said as I approached her and took her hands in mine.

“I was the one that did these.” I smiled, she indeed was the one that did these, but I was the one that I followed her through my curiosity.

“I guess the curiosity killed the cat.” I said as I chuckled.

“I’m sorry.” I grabbed her cheeks and pulled her closer to me.

“You don’t need to apologize for anything, moonlight.” I said as I pulled her by her waist, touching our bodies and kissing her deeply. She put her hands on my chest, God she was driving me crazy. I felt her legs wrapping around my waist, I held her on the back and pulled her body closer to mine, until every inch of us were touching. She broke the kiss and our noses were touching.

“What was that for?” She asked as she smiled and held me by my neck.
“What, moonlight, what was ‘what’?” I teased her by kissing her lower lip.

“The thing you always do when you kiss me?” I bit my lower lip and looked at her with devouring eyes.

“The thing that I pull you closer to me and kiss you, while I hold your waist and your neck, that’s called a kiss love, if anyone would ever kiss a girl differently, then that’s not how a kiss should be.” I said as she was getting the hair out of her way.

“Yeah, but the other thing, calling me ‘moonlight’?” I smirked.

“Because, I feel like it.” She grabbed my cheeks and squeezed them hard.

“Ouch ouch, okay, my moonlight, the only light that shines in the dark and leads you to the right path, that’s the meaning, and you are that meaning to me, my one and only light.” I watched her with guilt, because she did not know how much I cared for her, she was one of the kinds, and not to mention, she was a strong person that I have not seen since my father died.
She had widened her eyes and looked at me with worried eyes.

“But how come, I’ve killed so many people and will do so in the future, and you’re telling me I’m your light?” Her saddened face, I love every part of her.
“Yes, moonlight.” Even if the moon were not with us right now, I swear I could see her blush. I had a small smile on my face, but I could not resist without kissing her once more. As her plump lips touched mine once more, I melted in her grip, the way she had herself wrapped around me was everything I could have asked for.

“We need to head over to Morva now, or else we will get late in the morning.” Before I would let her go, I rested my head in her chest, taking a deep breath and smelling her, trying to memorize her smell. But before I did so, her heartbeat went crazy. I chuckled.

“I- uh- we need to go Alaric.” She said as she swam towards the clothes she had let on the ground, before I could go out, I went deep in the water letting myself cool for a bit, then went out, she was all covered up.

“Can you wait me to the horse, I need to take care of something?” I asked as I grabbed my clothes from the ground and headed towards the deep forest, I could hear that there was someone crying.

As I started to approach the crying, I found a little, how do I describe, it was not a human being- could it be a Rineren, a creature that went instinct long time ago, it was said that they could understand the human language.

“Hello there, Rineren, probably you don’t understand me right now but trust me, I mean no harm to you, are you hurt anywhere?” It stopped crying and looked at me, it had eyes like a cat, but longer with thick eyelashes, its hair was like an eagle’s, spikey but the color was blue, the type of blue that no one has ever seen before, the eyes were light blue almost white, its hand were like a human’s one, the legs too, its body was so small, smaller than a baby.
“Prince?” I was taken back from the voice, it was so smooth and soft, gentle too.

“Yes?” I responded not wanting to scare it. Suddenly it jumped on my hand and curled its body, then it shut its eyes.
“I’m taking you with me.” I put it in chest pocket leaving its head out. As I returned to Eleanor, she was waiting for me, but with more dead bodies.
“Are you alright?” I asked as she was cleaning her hands.

“Yeah, they were after you, next time be more careful-” She stopped talking as soon as she saw the Rineren.

“Is that a Rineren?” So, she knew about them too, no wonder, she is from Cliodhna.

“Yes, didn’t you hear it’s crying?” She shook her head.

“When someone hears its crying then they were meant to be together, so you were supposed to have a mythical creature, but you need to keep it safe, it will bring you good luck every time you touch it.” It would be better than luck, it can see the future, and so people went and killed them all, it was weird as to why I found it in the middle of the forest, where our enemy had started to set the base at. I guess we will not know until it tells us later.

“Let’s head to the royal grave before it is morning.” I smiled at her as she was ready for everything.

After half the way there we spotted two people following us
.
“Left.” She said as she threw her knifes at them, we could hear bodies falling on the ground, one, two, three, four, there were four total bodies.

“You alright?” Eleanor asked me as we went on high-speed riding the horses. She was smiling. Smiling.

“Yeah, why are you asking?”

“You looked a bit scared, by the way, just bury her next to my mother, I need to look for something.” She said as she walked in the other way.

Well, I can handle this on my own.
“Well then, let’s meet each other at the class tomorrow.” I said, she just signed off with her hand in the air. God, her, and her ways.

“Morva, did you finish?” I asked after I took care of the little girl, and told Morva to look out for her.

“Yes, she is sound and safe, she entered the academy and went in her dorm.” Good, that is all I wanted to hear tonight.

“Thank you, Morva.” I said as I leaned my back in the tree and looked at the sky, the flashbacks on that night came in my sight.

My father was tied with ropes all over his body, he was in the middle of the room, on the floor, on his knees, right in front of my mother, he was raged, he had turned red from screaming, while my uncle kept touching my mother all over her body, in front of my father.
“Now listen, Ross, you will see what I will do to your wife, as a punishment that you took my throne, you never were the right for the throne, you always were the chosen and the loved one, but the throne was mine, not yours. So, look at this knife as it discovers the parts of your wife.” The uncle began cutting of my mother's clothes until he started cutting her flesh slowly too.

My father’s hands were covered in blood, as he was trying to get out of the ropes. My sister came in the room and pushed uncle until he fell next to my father. My mother took my sister and held her as she was yelling to me.

“Alaric, come here quick!” But I did not go, I went to my father, he had wrapped his legs around uncle’s throat, my uncle was dying, but I did not bother about that, I looked over at the bodyguards that were hitting my father. I saw the knife in the ground and took it, as I went to my uncle, I stabbed him.
My father was half dead, he was covered in blood, but I had this rage inside of me, if I would let it out, I was afraid I would never be the same again.

“Alaric!” Uncle screamed as he threw the knife away. My mother was protecting my sister, I looked over at my father again.

“Stay put, or else you will die too.” I looked over and went in front of my father.

“No one will ever dare to kill the current emperor.” I said as I tried protecting my father, but he grabbed my leg with shaky hands.

“Get away, Rici.” My father, he was drugged, I could tell from the way he was shaking, as I tried to look at father, everything had become black.

When I had woken up, all I could see was red, blood, everywhere, my hands, legs, face, the ground, mother, father were covered in blood too, except they were dead, they were not breathing, I panicked, I did not see my sister, people started to come inside the room, as they watched me crawl over to my dead parents, I was screaming, I was panicking, was it my fault, it was.

I opened my eyes, and I was shaking so much, I tried to breathe and calm myself, but there was no use, I was sweating and breathless.

“Are you okay? Still getting the flashbacks?” Morva asked as he had been watching me.

“Yeah, I get them every night.” Morva gave me a bottle filled with some kind of strong alcohol mixed with something green, which it was disgusting but calming.

I'm back with the book, I'm sorry for the delay. ~-~