Chapter 20

"So....do you want to give them a try?" Giran said, his voice sounding more excited than expected. The immense reg flag was that he only discussed the benefits with him, avoiding saying the negatives of working with them. 'I hope they pay me.' He thought, identifying they needed him more than he needed them.

"Repeat the benefits again." Killua answered. He was always cold when he was the Hunter, it helped to give a strong presence and emit respect; he liked when people respected him. He liked when they saw him as equal.

"And~ the magic words?" Giran said playfully to the tone, killua almost forgot he was talking to a literally child. He can be influenced by money easily, like kids with candy.

"Giran." Killua spat, his feet moving with anxiety. He didn't liked when Giran looked him as a kid, as someone easy to manage.

"Ok, ok...goshhh, no sense of humor," the man exhaled,  laughing at Killua's grumpy and defensive behavior. 

This man was getting in his nerves now... He needed distraction, not other person to make him more mad than he is now.

"Well, first of all you will have free alcohol access! Because their villain organization is set on a bar." He exclaimed, his tone more excited than normal. It appeared exaggerated excitement. On the other hand, Killua was searching for a distraction, so he could drink until passing out; that would be a good distraction.

"Second of all, I now you are thirsty of desire for some type information, that's why they are a good option! In your mission you are going to get across important files, which can benefit you." He continued explaining. The exaggerated excitement started to annoy him.

Killua sighed, now debating if he should accept or not.  His first impression was not a good one, denying completely the idea of participating in his little game of playing the liberators of the hero system, but now.... he was having doubt. Because of his rage he left UA, the only place he could get information legally, but now he will have to do it the other way.

"Also! The man that is in charge of the league... is someone very powerful, so he could also know something" Giran finished, his voice still ringing in his head; he surely shouted a lot.

There was a moment of silence, since Killua was still thinking through his answer. His line of thought was interrupted by a awkward cough, he sighed.

"Mmm ok" Killua answer with a shrug. If it went bad for him, he could leave them, it was that simple.

"Please Hunter, I owe him-" Giran begin, his anxiety and frustration showing through his voice.

"Wait, really?" He finished, his astonishment showing in his tone.  'Why is he so excited? He better not be hiding something from me...' Killua though, narrowing his eyes at the way Giran was acting, he was now thinking of the possibility this could be a trap.

"Yes..." Killua responded cautiously. Although he was sure he could defeat who ever is in charge of the league.

"ok! I will call you in 3 weeks..." Giran said bluntly. Killua could hear him moving some papers on his desk. 

"Wha-" Killua started, confused why they didn't meet now. His goal of calling Giran was to distract himself in the moment, not to wait for 3 weeks for that to happen. However, he was interrupted by Giran rumbles. "No! It would be better if we meet on (insert place) after the 3 weeks! Yeah...." Killua blinked.

"Why don't you just take me directly to the base?" He asked confused. All of this look like a sort of trap....or! he was just scared to death of this 'powerful and mighty' leader.

"Because we need to pick up two more people for the team~" Giran sang playfully through the phone. Killua had to get the phone away from his delicate hears. He then sighed annoyed by the lack of information Giran was giving him.