Chapter 25

Collin Bridgerton was completely, utterly, and undoubtedly... in love,

With non other than Josephine Hydeton.

He couldn't stop himself, and he really tried to. Even visited Miss Thompson in order to stop the siren that plagued his thoughts and desires, but once again he couldn't help himself visiting the girl next door at every chance he got.

Dancing with her at the beginning of the season was never simply ' looking out for her', no matter how many times he tried telling himself. It was always granting his inner child's dream of one day dancing with her, holding her silk gloved hand and the nook of her back as they glided across the floor.

Or was it granting his own wish in doing so? He could never tell. But what he could tell is that he wanted to spend every waking moment, every laugh and every tear near this girl.

But did she feel the same? Did she want him as much as he wanted her? And if she did what did he have to offer? He was the third son of the Bridgerton name, the only thing he had to offer was a home, estate and money that didn't belong to him. Everything shared with the reminder of his siblings and mother, nothing he truly owned.

Whereas she was a Countess, the only child to the Stephen Hydeton Early of Wexstone, one of the most respected and richest names in England and even respected by the queen herself!

Of course he was a Bridgerton, just as well respected and wealthy, but he was not like his brother Anthony. He wasn't a Vicount. He was just... Collin. And she was Countess Josephine of Wexstone. Just a Bridgerton and a Countess.

" Collin!" Violet said, placing her needle work onto her lap with a huff.

" Yes Mama?!" Collin said, quickly snapping out of his dazed state and stat up straighter.

" Are you okay dearest? You've been acting out of odds since we came back from the event last night, you haven't caught something have you?" She quickly placed her stitch work onto the chair beside her and hurriedly walked over to Collin to place a hand on his forehead.

" No no mama, I am completely well thank you," He gave her a reassuring smile before gently removing her hand from his head " What I am feeling cannot simply be cured by a honey and lemon tea." He thought to himself as his mother went back to her needle work.

" Miss Thomson has re-joined the season I have heard, well read." Violet said, raising her eyes to see if she had caused a reaction in her son, but only got a dazed nod of acknowledgment.

" Oh, is she?" Collin said, asking out of politeness and conversation while still thinking about another girl who made his heart rate. He smiled slightly, a reaction that Violet took notice of.

" Why yes," She smiled, eyes going back and forth between her needle work and her son " No more standing around events sulking anymore! Why I don't know why you attended them dear if you only care to share a dance or two and spend the rest of the event sulking like a child who's lost it's toy!"

Collin wouldn't class Jo as a toy, but she sure was the reason for his mood changes during the awfully boring events of pretty dresses and desperate suitors.

" Why I'm sure she'll be attending the museum today with the rest of the ton!" She took this comment as another chance to observe his reaction.

" No one informed me of another event!" Collin said, more alert than before.

" I thought you knew dearest, we leave in an hour or so." Violet said, taking into account of his sudden change in demeanour.

" Blast!" He muttered under is breath, as he stood up and quickly made his way to his room to change. The sudden realisation for his love for the girl who had captured his heart, had made him anxious of his appearance, and he certainly wasn't dressed for an outing of any kind.