Chapter 27

" It's driving you mad as well isn't it?" Jo said, leaning on the door frame of the Bridgerton's study. Benedict quickly looked up from his sketch book, but relaxed when seeing Jo and continued to sketch.

" What gave it away?" He chuckled.

" The deep sigh of aggravation." Jo smiled, and stroked the edges of her book as she walked over towards Benedict.

" New book?" Ben said, briefly glancing up.

" Oh!" Jo looked down at her recently purchased ' Pride and Prejudice' book and grinned " Yes, yes it is."

" Any good?" Ben quickly ripped a page out that he was scribbling on and made an attempt to successfully throw it in the bin but failed.

" Quite yes, I haven't gotten that far. Daphne's playing is starting to drive me mad!" Benedict laughed half heartedly, and rubbed his face getting pencil smothered all over himself " What is the matter?" Benedict sighed again.

" I can't draw this bloody hand!" He cast his sketch book onto the table, and Jo peered over to look.

" They look fine to me." She said, placing down her book and picking up the sketch book.

" Yes they're fine, but not perfect!" He ran his hands along his face and started massaging his temples.

" Here let me help," Jo said, sitting in the chair next to him and grabbing his pencil from the table " If it helps try looking at your own hand... see the way that the light shows different shades, even look at the position how your index and middle finger block your ring and pinky finger if it's at this angle... see?"

" Y-yes yes I do." Benedict said, holding his own hand into the air.

" Now... here are the steps," Jo placed the pencil onto paper " Depending on what sex you are drawing depends on the shapes but the palm is always the same," She draws the shape of a palm without any fingers " Fingers have three shapes on each finger showing where all the joints are look, a female has more feminine hands therefore the shapes will be oval shapes whereas a male as more masculine hands therefore the shapes will be rectangular... keep in mind the thumb only has two shapes. One for the bottom one for the top, whereas fingers have three, bottom middle and top. Now these are just the basics-"

After a few attempts, Benedict was able to perfect his drawing of a hand ( both masculine and feminine) in any angle he preferred.

" Yes! Yes!" Benedict said, jumping up and down after he finished another drawing.

" See I told you you could!" Jo smiled, looking up amusingly but suddenly she found herself being picked up and spun around.

" You are absolutely brilliant Jo! I shall dedicate my next art work to you." He laughed, and put her down both wide smiles on their faces.

" No no you shouldn't," Jo said, dramatically placing the back of her hand on her forehead " Well if you insist!" The two shared a laugh.

" Am I interrupting something?" A voice said from the doorway, and Jo's body tensed. She had been avoiding Collin ever since that fateful day in the art gallery.

" Yes brother, me creating genius in this very room!" Benedict said, striding towards Collin and wrapping a tight arm around his shoulders and shaking them slightly.

" Yes well I best make haste, I promised Marg' that I would spend time with her this evening." Jo quickly grabbed her book from the table and made an attempt to rush past Collin.

" Jo wait!" Collin said, and moved out of his brothers grasp to grab onto her upper arm. Jo inhaled quickly as her eyes snapped up towards his blue eyes.