Chapter 38

Her heart hammered in her chest as she looked down at the boy she had loved since she was a child, down on one knee in front of her. She couldn't believe this was real... Collin Bridgerton down on one knee, wanting to start a life with her... forever.

In reality it didn't take her this one big debate in her mind, a will she won't she kind of deal. She knew her answer from the moment he bent down on one knee. She knew from their very first dance of the season. She knew when the little Bridgerton boy decided to break all ten rules of polite society to kiss her. The answer was so easy, it just flowed out of her mouth like a river down a stream on a quiet summer day.

" Of course I will marry you Collin Bridgerton." Jo beamed at him, she could barely contain her excitement. Collin let out a sigh of relief before slipping the ring on her finger and quickly standing up and pulled her into a tight embrace so her feet were no longer on the floor.

" I am so glad you said yes." Collin smiled brightly with another sigh of relief, still holding her close and tightly against him.

" I am so glad you asked!" Jo smiled back, Collin slightly pulled back from the hug and placed her back down on the ground as he held her face in his hands while looking down at her lovingly, a smile still plastered on his face.

As Jo looked up at him with pure happiness a strange pull came over her, like she no longer just wanted to hug Collin, or brush hands with one another... no... she needed more than that.

" Jo..." Collin whispered, as he looked down at her seeing the look in her eyes change to one of longing.

" Collin I-" Jo whispered as she moved closer to him, but he suddenly pulled back.

" I should probably get you back home before your papa notices you're gone." Collin chuckled nervously as he cleared his throat as he took a step back and scratched the back of his head.

" R-right, yes of course." Jo nodded and blushed as she also straightened herself out.

" Right then..." Collin nodded, and slowly began to walk back to the garden gate as Jo followed, but then he stopped

" Oh fuck polite society, you're my fiancé." Collin groaned, before turning around and walking straight back at Jo.

" What are you-" Jo began but was quickly cut off by Collin colliding with her head on as he kissed her and fireworks erupted in her mind. This was nothing like the chase kiss they had shared years ago, or nothing like she had fantasied about, no. This kiss made her stomach do backflips, made all her hairs stand up and her eyes widened in shock before fluttering shut as she sighed into the kiss.

Collin cupped her cheeks gently whereas his mouth moved hungrily against hers as his breathing deepened and Jo just followed his lead. Slowly Collin began to walk forward making Jo walk backwards as they kissed, until her back was pressed the tree which held the swings and one of Collin's hands moved to the back of her head so she wasn't hurt by the tree.

Jo gasped as her eyes shot back open as Collin's feverish kiss trailed away from her lips and towards her jaw and neck.

" Collin!" She gasped, as her hand instinctively reached up to grip onto his thick brown hair.

" I have had many sleepless nights thinking about the different ways I would kiss you if I had the chance, and every one of them resulted in you gasping my name." Collin smirked against her neck as he left little love bites along her neck and collar which made her gasp even more at the feeling.

Soon his feverish kisses went back to her lips and she happily sighed as her arms wrapped around his neck as his arms wrapped around her waist, pressing their bodies tightly against each other.

" You're so beautiful." Collin groaned against her lips as he kissed her deeply, before crouching down slightly to grab the back of her thighs and lifted her up effortlessly.

" Goodness!" Jo gasped, giving Collin the chance to deepen the kiss which muffled her groan, as her hands cupped his cheeks.

Collins breathing got heavier and deeper, and it was all becoming too hot before a drop of water fell on his cheek.

" What was-" Collin began as he broke away from the kiss as he looked up, and suddenly the heavens opened up and it began to rain.

" Oh my goodness!" Jo gasped and giggled as it began to rain and she buried her face in the crook of his neck.

" Only in bloody England would it rain like this in summer!" Collin groaned and put Jo down as it began to heavily rain " Come on!" He laughed, as he took her hand as the two of them began to run towards the garden gate as it continued to rain, soaking the both of them.

" Be careful!" Jo giggled as they ran hand in hand past the garden gates as Collin almost slipped on the wet grass.

" I'm just making sure my fiancé gets home safely and not drenched by the rain!" Collin laughed as he and Jo ran giddily next door to her home

" Fiancé, gosh I'm engaged! I'm engaged to the most brilliant woman in England- no the world!" Collin cheered as he grabbed Jo's hips and picked her up as he span around making the both of them giddily laughed as if they were high on love.

" Shhh be quiet, someone might hear you!" Jo laughed as Collin brought her back down as he span her around in the rain.

" I don't care, because I'm marring Josephine Hydeton," Collin smiled brightly as he pulled her close to him as he stared down at her lovingly " I'm going to be your husband." He gazed down at her as he brushed a wet curl away from her forehead.

" Are we truly doing this?" Jo smiled brightly as she looked up at him lovingly as it continued to rain down on them.

" As true as my love for you." Collin smiled as he cupped her cheeks as his thumb brushed her cheek lovingly.

" I love you." Jo smiled as she bit her bottom lip as she smiled joyfully at him.

" And I love you." Collin smiled back as he leaned down to kiss her lovingly in the rain.

" I need to go." Jo giggled as she pulled away from him, and tried to walk up the steps to the back door of her home before he groaned and grabbed her wrist gently as he pulled her back into the kiss.

" Mhmm, no, I finally have you..." Collin smiled into the kiss

" And you'll still have me even when I go through these doors." Jo giggled as she pulled back again as she walked up the steps to the back door.

" You truly are beautiful." Collin sighed wistfully, as he leaned on the stair rails as he watched Jo reach the back door.

" I'll see you tomorrow, Mr Bridgerton." Jo giggled as she opened the back door and teasingly stepped inside

" I'll see you tomorrow... Mrs Bridgerton." Collin smiled brightly at the thought.

Jo blushed and waved goodbye before shutting the door and sighing wistfully as she leaned against the door.

" I kissed Collin Bridgerton... IM MARRING COLLIN BRIDGERTON!" Jo thought as she couldn't stop herself from smiling brightly, even as she crept upstairs and into her bedroom leaving wet footprints behind her.

" Mrs Bridgerton... I could get used to that."

Authors Note:

Hey pookies, did you miss me 😚

First of all Im so sorry for such a long wait for this chapter! And thank you all for those who are still even interested in this book after such a long wait time, you guys are truly amazing!!

Hope you guys liked this chapter and was worth the wait 😅