Chapter 33

" SISTER!" Simon called out, as he ran and dropped down next to Jo.

" JOSEPHINE!" Anthony also called as she rushed to her side with the same urgency.

" Stand aside!" Simon said, and he removed the hood of her cloak from her face causing her to stir.

" Oh good god!" Anthony called with relief and clutched his chest.

" Jo!" Collin quickly dismounted his horse and rushed to her side " Oh god please tell me you're okay!"

" I'm fine- ow!" Jo raised up slightly, but felt a sharp pain on the side of her waist and clutched it.

" Are you hurt?!?" Collin pestered, his eyes wide and scanning over Jo's body for any injuries but stopped breathing at the sight of her hand to see blood when she had removed it from her waist.

" Judging by the blood I guess I am," Jo said, eyes wide " You bloody shot me!" She said turning to Anthony.

" What the hell were you playing at?!" Anthony said, rubbing a scared hand over his face.

" Says the man who just shot me!" Jo said, sitting up straighter and with her hand back over her waist.

" You just rode into the middle of a duel!" Anthony cried out.

" Well considering I'm the one who's now bleeding, I don't think you have any right to shout at me!" Jo shouted back, but winced slightly again.

" Doctor come quickly!" Collin called frantically at him.

" No Doctor, not yet," Jo said standing up, with the support of Collins arm " You," Jo said grabbing Daphne by the arm and pushed her in the direction towards some fields " And you, she then gripped Simons arm tighter than Daphnes and shoved him in the direction of Daphne " Talk!"

" Jo-" Anthony said, making a motion to grab Daphne by the arm but Benedict put an arm out to stop him.

" You shot me remember!" Jo stated to Anthony, which made him go quiet " Talk!" Jo urged again " Or shall I be shot over nothing!?"

" Make it brief." Benedict glared at Simon, before the two walked a slight distance and started conversing.

" Doctor's now?" Collin asked Jo as he steadied her.

" Doctor now." Jo nodded, as she began to feel lightheaded.

" Lets see what we have here then," the doctor said as Jo removed her hand from her waist where her night gown was now ripped and bloody " Lucky, very luck you are Miss, why I say if the bullet pierced your skin an inch deeper, I would say there would be nothing I could do here without all my proper instruments." Collin's jaw tensed slightly at that fact, and he held Jo's hands tighter than before.

" But I am lucky, so no need to think about that." Jo squeezed Collins hands reassuringly.

" Yes, but not so lucky where you don't have to avoid stitches, three should do the trick, but I do warn you it's quite painful especially for a woman." The doctor said as he began to fetch the proper tools from inside his bag, to which Jo rolled her eyes. She didn't exactly want to say anything back to him, especially when he was the one about to help help her so instead she laid down awaiting treatment.

" We must resume before someone should find us." Anthony said, as he approached Simon and Daphne, to which Simon nodded in agreement.

" I think not!" Jo called out, but before she could move the doctor had pours alcohol on her wound, caused her to yell with pain and Colin gave her his hands to squeeze " Stop them!" Jo pleaded as she squeezed onto them, but before he could fill her request Daphne had already began to talk.