04 | apartment

"I think I'm gonna like it here

"I think I'm gonna like it here... It's very hard not to, my dear" -
Gonna Like It Here from Annie

༶•┈┈┈┈୨♡୧┈┈┈┈•༶

- IN THE NEXT WEEK they had gotten James and Harry all settled in Isabella's apartment and it's safe to say Harry absolutely loved it. She had picked Harry up from his primary school as James was wrapping up stuff with Moody and no one else was free to pick him up. On the way to her house they had a little jam session, their favourite song that they sang together ended up being 'Jump in the Line' by Harry Belafonte.

When they arrived she led him into the building that was guarded by some security guards that worked at the apartment building as a lot of important people lived here. She placed a hand on his shoulder and led him towards the elevator but she didn't quite reach it before she felt someone tap her shoulder. She spun around and was faced with a middle-aged woman with an annoyed look on her face.

"Miss Love?" The woman questioned and Isabella nodded confusedly. The woman obviously knew who she was as she worked at the ministry from what Isabella could tell due to the clipboard she was carrying. "I'm here to assess your apartment, usually I wouldn't have to do this but seen as it's not just a bodyguard moving in but also a child I have to make sure your apartment is suitable" The woman explained. "Okay, I understand" Isabella nodded politely and continued walking towards the elevator with Harry, the woman following on behind her.

"So do you have adequate income to be having a child in your house?" The woman asks. Isabella doesn't bother answering her and instead puts her face in-front of a camera and the lift starts to move up. "Cool" She could hear Harry whisper to himself and out the corner of her eye she noticed the woman nod dumbfoundedly before ticking a box.

Soon enough the doors open up into a beautiful open planned apartment with windows overlooking central London. "Come on in" Isabella tells the woman as she walks into her house and taking off her coat before putting it up on the coat hanger. She helps Harry take his off before letting him take a gander about the place.

"So what is you need to check?" Isabella asked the woman with her arms crossed over her chest. "You must have one water source" The woman begins but slowly trails off when she sees the kitchen. "Check" She whispered to herself. "And a window.." Once again she trailed off as she looked at the windows that travelled all along the walls.

"And at least one chair pair ten people" she said as she looked about before signing and ticking off the box when she saw the massive couches that lay in Isabella's living room. Isabella continued showing the woman around the house before she finally decided to leave. Isabella was more than happy to see the woman leave as she was rather annoying and had a giant stick up her arse.

"So Harry, what do you think?" Isabella asked the young boy, hoping and praying he'd like it. "It's so cool!" He exclaimed as he jumped onto the couch on his back. "You have a piano?" He asked as he ran over to the big instrument and sat down in front of it. "Indeed I do" Isabella smiled.

She knew he was going to start playing it so she sneakily brought out her wand and out a spell on the piano that would make it play perfectly no matter what keys he pressed. "Woah! I didn't know I could do that" He laughed in amazement. "Well done buddy" She smiled but it wasn't long until something else had caught his attention. "You have a balcony?" He asked as he looked out two big double glass doors.

"Do you want to go out?" She asked as she brought the key out of a drawer. She unlocked the door and he immediately skipped out as soon as the door opened up. She showed him around the sort of terrace area and let him have a go on the hammock that she had managed to nag for out there.

When they were finished they headed back inside and she led Harry to his bedroom. "Now if you don't like it Harry, I can always change it" she told him as they reached a door that had wooden letters on the door spelling out his name. Once he nodded she opened up the door to let him have a look.

In the corner she had a twin sized bed and on the wall above we're some shelves where he could put some of his possessions that would be coming later on. On the wall across from his bed was a desk and an open plan walk in wardrobe. Then on another wall she had hung up some poster of his favourite bands and artists. David Bowie, The Beatles, Queen, Elton John, basically anyone that his uncle had suggested to him.

She had also bought him some toys, mostly Star Wars stuff after she heard James's mention how much he liked it. On the shelves above his bed she had put a framed picture of him and his dad and then another one of him and his two uncles. She kept a note in her mind to tell James to invite them round sometime.

"Keep in mind if there's anything you don't like I can change it and I didn't want to put too much in here because I knew you'd have your own toys and things coming but I couldn't not out anything in..." Isabella rambled but she was soon cut off by Harry attacking her in a hug. "Thank you Bella" he said making her heart melt. "You're welcome buddy" She smiled down at him once he'd pulled away.

"I'll let you unpack the stuff from your backpack, just come and find me whenever you're ready, you can watch some TV as well, the remote should be on the bedside table" She explained to him before leaving the room and heading down the hall and into the kitchen. She picked up her work bag and pulled out some of the files that she had to go through.

She poured herself a glass of water before getting to work. She was only half an hour in before she started to get a headache. She chewed on the bottom of her pen, trying to concentrate as she write things down. Soon enough she noticed Harry coming sliding into the room. "You okay?" She asked not looking up from her work. "I'm just bored, what are you doing?" He asks curiously as he stood up on his tippy toes to see the paper she was writing on.

"I'm working" she told him with a small smile. "This late? you finished hours ago!" He exclaimed. "I always have to do this buddy, it's the joys of being minister of magic" She informed him as she continued writing. "When do you have some fun though?" He asked as he leaned against the island. "This is very fun; don't you worry about me" she said as she tapped his nose with the pen in her hand.

"Are you hungry, there's some food in the fridge" As she said the word fridge it lit up revealing the food inside. She heard Harry gasp in amazement making her laugh. "Knock yourself out"

"You don't have a cook, or like a bunch of people to help out around here?" He asked as he looked around himself. "No I don't, I'm usually all alone here but it's not that bad" she said which was a complete lie. Harry looked at her like he didn't believe her making her sigh.

"Sometimes I feel it's better to be alone than to surround yourself with others just so that you can feel loved. I believe that the people who really love and care about you can count on them and you don't always need to be with them" She explained. "Where are your friends?" He asked making her laugh slightly. "You ask a lot of questions little man" she said as she stood up to fill up her water.

"I have lots of friends so don't worry about me" She assured him. "I work a lot I do; I could have some more friends but how many friends do you really need" Isabella continued with a shrug making Harry smirk. "I mean if you were my parents asking me are you fulfilled and are you happy Isabella then that's a whole different conversation and quite frankly it's not your place to ask me that all so" She rambled making Harry laugh.

"Okay" he said once his giggles had calmed down.

........

Hi Lovies,

This chapter ended up being far too long so I had to put it into two chapters, I don't know when the next part will come out but hopefully it will be soon after this one.

I love you all
Grace x