20 | achmelvich bay

"When you get older your wild heart will live for younger days" - The Nights by Avicii

༶•┈┈┈┈୨♡୧┈┈┈┈•༶

— AFTER SPENDING THE REST of the weekend in the highlands and taking in the beautiful scenery, it was finally time to make their way home. Isabella was tasked with finding them somewhere to visit on their way home so she decided that they'd go to the beach she went to with her dad.

Achmelvich Bay.

It was tiny bit out of their way but only by twenty minutes or so and the group were more than happy to go. Thankfully, the weather was calm and actually surprisingly warm for the time of year it was but they still had to get wrapped up as it would be a bit chillier down on the shore front. Once they had all their bags into the bus they all piled in. Isabella would be the one driving for the first half seen as she was the only one that knew how to get to the beach.

The group collectively decided that they'd have fish and chips for lunch after Isabella mentioned she mentioned seeing one the last time she was there, they just had to hope it was still in business. The crew all buckled up and once Isabella knew everyone was age and sound they hit the road. She decided to make a quick stop at the Asda that would be there along their way. She thought it would be a good idea to get some activities to do on the beach.

As she was driving, she was allowed to choose what music they'd play. Obviously there was no question with what she'd pick. Queen. The Queen mixtape she had made to be specific. She put the mixtape into the slot and soon enough the familiar tune of 'Seaside Rendezvous' began playing. Isabella sang along dramatically with Sirius who sat in the passenger seat as she drove.

Soon enough, after Sirius and Isabella had sung their hearts out together, they pulled into the Asda car park. "Does anyone want anything?" Isabella asked as she grabbed her purse. "Can I have a drink?" Harry asked. "Do you want to come with me and you can pick what you want?" She turned in her seat to look at Harry who sat next to his dad. "Yeah okay" He nodded as he unbuckled his seatbelt and making his way out of the bus, Isabella following suit.

She made sure to keep Harry close to her so that he wouldn't get hit by any passing cars. She knew he was old enough to know to watch out but she just felt a need to protect him in every way that she just couldn't explain. So with a gentle hand laid on Harry's shoulder, they made their way into the shop.

Harry helped Isabella choose some activities for the group to do at the beach before he dragged her to the sweet isle. The duo picked out some treats that they knew the rest of the group liked and got Harry a drink before heading to the check out. Isabella bit her lip to hold back a loud laugh when she noticed a hat that sat on a showcase whilst in the queue.

Before it was there turn to pay she ran over and grabbed one of the hats. She would have regretted it if she hadn't, plus she was sure Sirius would absolutely love it. It read, 'In dog years, I'd be dead'. She thought it would be rather comical to give him seen as his Animagus was a dog.

Once they'd paid for everything they made their back to the bus. Isabella climbed back into the front seat after handing the bag to Harry to take into the back with him, however she made sure to get the hat before she did so. "Got this for you, Sirius" Isabella informed him with a smirk as she handed it over to him. He eyed her curiously before looking down at the hat to read what it said. "I love it" Sirius laughed loudly before placing the hat on his head.

"What do you think?" He questioned as he turned around to show James, Remus and Harry. They all have him compliments that only boosted his ego, leaving a smug little smirk resting on his face.

...

After around an hour's drive they finally made it to their destination. James helped Isabella carry some of the things down to the beach. It might have been a bit breezy but it wasn't overly cold as the sun shone brightly in the sky with barely a could in the sky and to make everything better, the chippy was still in business. "This is beautiful" James said as he took in his view, walking along the beach with his arm wrapped around Isabella's shoulders whilst her head laid on his shoulder.

"Told you" Isabella smiled. James wasn't a big fan of the beach due to the smell so he was a little apprehensive about going but he's glad they did. There's also the added thing of Isabella wanting to go and him not being able to say no to her. He was enjoying the time off he had with her. Even though they worked together, they couldn't be together like they are now because they had work to do so he was appreciating this peaceful time.

They eventually caught up with the rest of the group who were already sat on the picnic blanket Isabella had brought. Harry was already digging into his food along with Remus and Sirius. "Not even waiting for us guys?" James asked as he and Isabella sat down side by side. Isabella was slightly nestled into James' side to block the wind from her hair to save it from blowing around everywhere.

Remus passed them their chips before continuing to eat his food contently. They all sat eating their food listening to the waves crash against the shore as the occasionally chatted about random things. They finished in no time due to how hungry they were but no sooner were they finished was Harry wanting to play with some of the things that Isabella had bought.

None of them were overly eager to play seen as their stomachs were too full but seeing Harry's hopeful little face, Isabella hauled herself off the ground to play with him.

First they played catch and throw. The game where you each have a circle of Velcro strapped to your hand and the other person tosses a ball and you have to catch it using the Velcro. Isabella was more than happy to play this game as it didn't involve as much running as the other ones did.

Next activity of the day was running around with the smile face kite that they bought. Isabella really let Harry do most of the running around, letting him get some of his overflowing energy out. She absentmindedly smiled as she watched the young boy run around the beach carefree. Not a care in the world, she wished he could always stay like that. Unbeknownst to her, in a few years being carefree will be the last thing anyone wants him to be.

Harry ran about with the kite for a good twenty minutes before plopping down next to his uncles, completely burnt out. However, with an energy boost from the sweets Isabella bought him earlier he was raring to go. This time, he convinced everyone to get up of off their arses and okay with him. Harry picked out something they could all do this time. That things was a frisbee.

Isabella bit her lip to hold back a laugh when she heard Sirius subtly groan annoyedly. She brought her leg up to kick him gently making him look over at her. "You'll have fun" She insisted but he just gave her a deadpanned look before turning to look at Harry who stood waiting for them.

"Will I bollocks" Sirius grumbled as he chased after the rest of the group after Harry had thrown the frisbee.

.........

Just a short little filled chapter for you there, hope it was enjoyable.

I just say and planned out the climax of the story and I can't wait to start writing it soon, but don't worry that drama won't be, probably, anytime soon ;)

Take care of yourself, eat something and a glass of water!
Grace <3