55 | epilogue

"I held on as tightly as you held on to me"- To Build A Home by The Cinematic Orchestra

- To Build A Home by The Cinematic Orchestra

note: make sure to read
the last two chapters
before this one

...

— AFTER ISABELLA PASSED AWAY, the war between Harry and Voldemort began. As she promised she watched over him and kept him safe, however she couldn't keep everyone safe. During Harry's fifth year, when the battle in the ministry took place. Paul Green sacrificed his life to save the life of his true love, Mark Picket. Once again the iconic duo was reunited, unfortunately under horrible circumstances. However, Isabella was there to greet him in heaven and comfort him, she knew exactly how he was feeling.

They worked hard together to keep their loved ones safe but one evening they were called on.

— May 2nd 1998 —

Harry walked far into the dark forest, knowing full well his dad was running after him after finding out what he was about to do. He stopped in an opening to prepare himself for the sacrifice he was about to make. He reached into his pocket and pulled out the golden snitch that Dumbledore left for him in his will. It was from the first ever game he played. As he held it between his fingers, writing began to cascade across it.

'I open at the close'

Surprisingly he knew what that meant. In his first game he nearly swallowed the snitch. With that information in mind, he brought the snitch towards his lip and pressed it against them. The snitch opened up to reveal a stone. The resurrection stone to be exact. It floated out towards him making his place out the palm of his hand to catch it. He closed his eyes and thought of who he wanted to see and did let himself get distracted by the sound of his dad's footsteps who had finally caught up with him.

"Harry" James's words started in a shout but quickly turned to a whisper when he saw who was in-front of him. "Mum, Paul" Harry sighed breathlessly, it meant the world to him to be able to see both of them. He always felt guilty for Paul's death. "You have been so bloody brave, Harry" Isabella told him with a proud smile. "I'm so proud of you, honey" she said, placing a hand over her heart.

With shaky breathing, Harry turned to face Paul who looked down at him with a soft smile. "Paul, I'm so sorry, you never would have been killed if I didn't go to the ministry that night" Harry began but Paul waved him off. "I chose to do what I did Harry, not for a minute would I ever blame you, darling, don't worry your little head over that" Paul assured him and it made Harry feel as though a little weight was lifted off his shoulders.

"Hello, my love" Isabella greeted James with a small wave when she noticed he still stood staring at her, his mouth slight agape. "I've missed you so much" James managed to force out after a moment, walking towards her. "I've missed you even more, Jamie" she told him with a loving smile on her face. "I need you to do something for me James" Isabella began making James nod quickly, desperate to help his wife again.