49 | "in sickness and in health"

"I've got my eye on you"- Yes To Heaven by Lana Del Rey

- Yes To Heaven by Lana Del Rey

Trigger Warning:
emetophobia

༶•┈┈┈┈୨♡୧┈┈┈┈•༶

— IT HAD BEEN A few weeks since Isabella got her diagnosis. Just like Dr. Rockwell had asked her too, she'd taken the potion to stop it from passing on. What had been bothering poor Isabella the most however was that the green patch had now grown and almost covered her whole stomach. Every-time she sneezed now, sparks had been coming out of her nose which caused her heaps of pain. James had been really hands on in making sure she was feeling okay. Today he would be going with her to her doctor's appointment.

He had promised her that he'd be there by her side every step of the way. In sickness and in health as they say. The green patch around her stomach hurt whenever any pressure went on it so she dreaded the day she'd be almost completely covered, she just wouldn't be able to move. "I can get out the car myself you know" Isabella said with a small laugh as James opened the car door for her once they reached the hospital. She really did hate to admit it but with James doing so much for her it did annoy her slightly.

She felt awful for feeling that way as he was only trying to help her, but she could still do things by herself and it kind of made her feel useless and like a burden. Isabella appreciated he cared so much but she wanted to feel as though she was in control of her situation. James felt such a need to help her because he could see how tired she was. She'd only had this disease for a few weeks, but it was definitely taking a toll on her. Her eyes were droopy from lack of sleep, and she had bags under her eyes. She was constantly sat with hot bag over her stomach to try and ease the pain. Always sneezing sparks which put her through so much pain.

They met up with Dr. Rockwell and headed into a room where she'd be hooked up to the medicine. The medicine went on via a needle that went into her arm which would let the medicine flow through the tube and into her system to help fight the disease and get rid of the green patch. Isabella truly hoped they would be able to keep the green patch from spreading to her face. She passed her jacket to James and took a seat in the chair Dr. Rockwell had told her to sit down in. James pulled over a plastic chair so that he could sit down near her in case she needed him.

Dr. Rockwell explained to Isabella in detail what she was going to do in hopes of easing her nerves of the perhaps unknown. To try and distract Isabella as she inserted the IV she asked her a question. "I hope you don't mind me asking, were you the minister of magic?" Dr. Rockwell asked making Isabella nod with a small smile. "What was it like?" She asked making Isabella give a little sigh. "I must admit it wasn't all good, if you read the papers, you probably saw that for a long time no one liked me which was hard because I was giving the job my all, quite literally blood, sweat and tears" Isabella told her with a small laugh.