05 | tickle monster

"Oh home, let me come home, home is wherever I'm with you" - Home by Edward Sharpe

Home by Edward Sharpe

༶•┈┈┈┈୨♡୧┈┈┈┈•༶

— "I HAVE LOTS OF friends so don't worry about me" She assured him. "I work a lot I do; I could have some more friends but how many friends do you really need" Isabella continued with a shrug making Harry smirk. "I mean if you were my parents asking me are you fulfilled and are you happy Isabella then that's a whole different conversation and quite frankly it's not your place to ask me that all so" She rambled making Harry laugh.

"Okay" he said once his giggles had calmed down.

"You know what, I am hungry. Pick any five ingredients and I'll make a meal out of them" Harry told Isabella as he opened up the fridge and turned around to face her with a grin on his face. "I don't know Harry; your dad will be home soon" Isabella began but was interrupted by Harry. "Come on Bella, it'll be fun" Harry whined making her roll her eyes amusedly.

"Alright, fusilli, pancetta, steak, pomegranate, sun dried tomatoes" Isabella listed off as she pointed to all the items for Harry to take out. "I've only ever heard of two of those things" Harry sighed. "Read the cook book" She joked as she made her way back to her seat. "Okay, where are your pots and pans?" He asked as he looked around. Isabella brought out her wand and waved it at the cupboards behind him so that the doors opened up for him.

"Brilliant" He smiled in awe before grabbing the things he needed, whilst under the watchful eye of Isabella in case he hurt himself. He set up everything he'd need before getting to work as Isabella sat down at the island on the bar stool watching him with curiosity. She took a sip of her water as she watched him chuck things in a pan. She bit her bottom lip to stop her from pulling a face at the monstrosity he had created.

"Put some in there" Harry sang as he sprinkled some pasta into it making Isabella squeal slightly, an awkward smile came into her face as she scratched the back of her neck. "Put in some carrot" Harry said before dropping the whole carrot into the mix.

"You not going to chop that carrot?" Isabella wondered but when Harry ignored her she just nodded slowly. "Are you lactose intolerant?" Harry asked making her smile. "Nope" she said simply. 'I'm intolerant to whatever is in that pan though' she thought to herself. Her face screwed up in confusion as she watched him pour the carton of milk into the meal as well.

"How's your cholesterol?" He questioned, she had to admit the questions he was asking were pretty comical coming from someone of his age. "It's good right now, Harry" she said in a light hearted tone, Harry didn't quite catch the real meaning behind her words.

"I'm going to go downstairs and get some supplies, see you later" Harry waved as he pretended to walk downstairs before popping back up in a star pose and an orange in his hand. "Orange you glad I'm back?" He joked making Isabella snicker.

She had only known the young boy for a short time but his personality already made her feel like they'd known each other for ages. It was like having a very small best friend.

"The sixth ingredient is my jokes" Harry says with a bright smile. "And what wonderful jokes they are" Isabella compliments as she gets up from her seat to grab some plates. Just as she does this she hears the front door open. "Oh that will be your dad" she tells Harry whilst she grabs a third plate for James as Harry runs over to the door to greet his dad.

Soon enough the young boy come running back into the room, his dad being dragged along behind him. "Oh it smells..." James began looking at the food Harry had cooked and had begun plating up in the plates Isabella had handed him. "Great in here" James sent a smile to Isabella that said, 'what is going on here?' which made her laugh as she took her seat again, James following her.

Harry gently slides their plates over to them to which they thank him. "Order up" he said before sitting down next to his dad with his plate. "You know Harry I'm really not that hungry" James tried but Harry just clinked his fork with his dads with a smirk. "Cheers" he said, knowing just how bad this was going to taste.

James hadn't caught into what the young boy had done but Isabella had and her eyes sarcastically narrowed at him making him smile smugly. She couldn't help but smirk as they both watched James slowly pick up his fork and put a bit in his mouth. They both struggled to hold back their laughs as James tried to control his face from screwing up. "It's great," James muttered as though his throat was closing up on him.

Harry couldn't take it anymore and burst into fits of laughter with Isabella soon following. "What? Do I have something on my face?" He asked as he grabbed a napkin and wiped around his mouth. "I can't believe you actually ate that!" Harry exclaimed, almost falling if his seat with laughter. "What?" James asked confusedly. "You meant to make it.. Bad?" James questioned making Harry nod through his giggles.

"You rascal" James shook his head amusedly as he gently pushed his son's head. "So Harry, you didn't know your dad was going to be back. Were you going to let me eat it obliviously?" Isabella asked making Harry smirk. "I'm hurt, I thought we were closer than that Harry!" Isabella exclaimed dramatically as she sarcastically clutched at her heart.

"I don't think that can go unpunished, what do you think Isabella?" James asked sarcastically, winking at Isabella who smiled. "I think you're right James" She nodded before exiting her seat and making her way towards Harry. He quickly jumped from his seat and ran down the hallway into the living room, his laughter echoing as he went. Isabella sprinted after him, some of her own laughs emitting around her.

James placed his napkin down on the table before making his way towards the sound of his son's loud giggles. As he walked into the living room he was met with a sight that warmed his heart. Isabella and Harry were having a tickle fight on the couch. Isabella was currently tickling Harry making him giggle loudly as he writhed around on the sofa.

He had read plenty of articles about Isabella over her time as Minister of Magic, most of them saying she was heartless young woman. However, from the moment he met her, he knew that was exactly the opposite of what she was. This scene only proved him right. A heartless person would not have such a kind heart as she does.

"Dad! Save me!" Harry managed to say through his giggles. "Mmm I don't know Harry" James sighed. "You did make me eat that food you made" he told the boy making him scream the same thing again. "Ah how can I ignore those pleads for help" he said sarcastically as he walked over to the duo. Once he'd reached Isabella he carefully lifted her over his shoulder, making sure not to hurt her. "James!" She squealed as she flopped over his back. "Sorry Bella, it had to be done I'm afraid" James sighed sarcastically.

"Come on Harry, you can get your revenge now buddy" James told Harry as he knelt down slightly so Harry could reach Isabella. Soon enough her giggles emitted around the room once again. When Harry had finally got his fill of tickling revenge he went to put on his pyjamas and left Isabella to catch her breath.

"Dear Merlin" Isabella gasped as she fell back onto the couch tiredly. "Sorry but I had to help him" James joked. "No hard feelings" Isabella replied, waving him off with a small smile.

"You know, you're completely different from what people make out to be" James told her after a moment of silence. She just let out an airy laugh at that sentence.

"You'll get used to that"

................

Hi Lovies,

Hope you all enjoyed this chapter, sorry it took so long to come out! Hopefully updates will be more regular now that it's the summer holidays for me!

Sorry for another scene from Annie, I apologise if they're annoying but I thought it would be cute, I promise it's the last Annie scene!

Remember you're all loved!
Grace :)