48 | dr. rockwell

"I'll be in denial for at least a little while, what about the plans we made?" -TV by Billie Eilish

TV by Billie Eilish

༶•┈┈┈┈୨♡୧┈┈┈┈•༶

— "ISABELLA POTTER" CALLED A doctor, snapping Isabella out of her daydream. "You ready?" Mark asked making her nod. She picked up her bag and they both followed after the doctor into an office. "If you'd like to take a seat" The doctor said as she gestured to a chair across from her. "My name is Dr. Rockwell, what brings you here today Mrs Potter" She questions as Isabella sit down in the chair nervously. "Well, I suppose there no use beating around the bush... think I may have dragon pox" Isabella said with a deep breath making Dr Rockwell nod.

"Okay, and what makes you think that?" She asked, leaning forward slightly and placing her arms on her desk. "Well, I was just on my honeymoon in Paris and noticed a green mark and it's only grown over the past couple of days" Isabella explained, playing with the hem of her shirt. "Would you be able to show me this mark?" Dr Rockwell asked calmly. Isabella took of her coat and lifted her shirt slightly to show her the area. There it was clear as day, it wasn't a dark green, but it was still there.

"Right, okay. What we'll do is, we'll run a few tests just to make sure, but I want to know if you have been in contact with anyone with the disease?" Isabella immediately shook her head to this question. "No one that I know of any way" She added making Dr. Rockwell nod. "That's okay, well just from looking it could be either dragon pox or a simple sickness bug, to figure out what it is we will take your bloods and find out what's really going on, is that okay with you?" Dr. Rockwell asked kindly.

Isabella nodded and Dr. Rockwell left to get the things she would need leaving Isabella and Mark alone. The only person she had talked about this was Mark as she knew he would be the most level-headed one. She felt terrible about not telling James, but she felt it was better not to worry him on the off chance it wasn't even dragon pox. However, she couldn't bring herself to go alone. When she told Mark he was more than happy to go with her and when anyone asked where they were going, they just said they had stuff for the farm to collect.

"You feeling, okay?" Mark asked making Isabella turn to look at him. "Yeah, I'm trying not to worry but it's really hard, you know? What if it is dragon pox, I don't think I could break that to James after what happened to his parents" Isabella admitted, her heart rate picking up as she felt the need to cry building up inside her. "Whatever happens, we'll all be there for you. You'll never have to go through anything alone, if it helps, I could be there when you tell everyone, just in case" Mark offered, taking her hand in his comfortingly.

"Really?" She asked with a sad sigh as she looked at him hopefully. "Of course, I'm here for you and I'm sure they all will be too if the news were to be... well you know" Mark assured her making her laugh slightly with a small sniffle. "Thank you" Isabella replied with a small smile as Dr. Rockwell came walking back into the room. "You ready?" She asked gently and Isabella nodded.