52 | bye bye baby

"there's a wedding ring on my finger

"there's a wedding ring on my finger... bye, bye baby don't make me cry"
- Bye Bye Baby by the Bay City Rollers

༶•┈┈┈┈୨♡୧┈┈┈┈•༶

— JAMES FOUND HIMSELF INFRONT of a crowd of both his and Isabella's closest friends and family. "When Isabella first mentioned what was about to happen, I had told her over my dead body" James began, holding a piece of paper tightly in his hands as the audience listened to him closely. "And she said no James, over mine" James let out a sad airy laugh as he spoke to try and keep himself from getting choked up. "And, as usual, my darling wife and Harry's darling mum was right" James spoke with a sniffle, looking over at Harry who stared at the ground sadly, being comforted by Scott.

"Now she's going to say her final goodbye to you all, not through me but inevitably, in Isabella fashion, through one of her favourite songs by the immortal genius of the Bay City Rollers" As James finished his speech a video came up on the board, flicking through James' favourite pictures of Isabella as the song began. Scott had also chosen out some pictures from when Isabella was a little girl. Each picture held a special meaning behind them.

The picture Isabella in her wedding dress taken by Paul as he helped her get ready. A picture of Harry and Isabella on their first Christmas together. A picture from when Scott taught Isabella to ride a bike when she was seven, the helmet barely fitting over her head from the bunches in her hair which she refused to take out. A picture of Sirius with Isabella on his shoulders at a David Bowie concert, both looking ecstatic to be there as they smiled at each other brightly.

A picture of Isabella and Mark when they came in from the farm covered in mud after chasing sheep which had escaped from the neighbouring farm. A picture or Remus and Isabella dancing with each other at her wedding, neither with a care in the world. And finally, a picture of Isabella and James. It was taken by Harry actually; it was very simple, but it was without a doubt James's favourite. The just sat cuddling on the couch whilst watching a movie. How he wished he could do that again.

James stared at the wall at the back of the room, his eyes misty. The man once so full of happiness, now a broken man. He took in a deep breath and made his way over to where Sirius, Paul, Remus, Mark and Scott were waiting for him. He felt Mark give his shoulder a comforting squeeze as he stood in-front of him. James felt as though all the life had been sucked out of him as he looked at the sea of people dressed in black clothing in front of him.

They all lent down and gently lifted the pale brown coffin up onto their shoulders, making sure not to mess up the flowers that lay on top. James walked down the aisle, a tear dripping down his face. Harry watched helplessly as they carried his mum away, he would give anything he had to have one last hug from her. This church was once filled with the picture of Isabella in her gorgeous white dress, both ready to be together forever. Now it had been tainted slightly, today those happy memories were tampered with as he walked towards the exit of the church, with only the spirit of his girl.