25 | till forever falls apart

"I guess there's nothing more romantic than dying with your friends" - Till Forever Falls Apart by Ashe

Till Forever Falls Apart by Ashe

༶•┈┈┈┈୨♡୧┈┈┈┈•༶

—ISABELLA SAT, LEANING AGAINST the wall as she waited for her friends to be brought back. He had been taken for questioning and it broke her heart to know what he would be going through. She was racked with guilt. She had allowed him to come even though she knew it could've been dangerous. They could die because of her. She could have put James and Harry in danger.

As the thoughts swirled around her head, Sirius was brought back in, looking just like her. "Sirius" Isabella said breathlessly as she made her way over to him as he was chucked to the ground like a piece of trash. Her eyes welled up when she the massive black eyes he'd been given. "What did you do?" Isabella cried, looking at Lucius who just walked in the room.

She got no reply as the two death eaters picked up one of them and sat them on two chairs that faced back-to-back before tying them up. Lucius walked over to Sirius and grabbed a fist full of his hair, pulling it backwards to see his knocked-out face. "Don't touch him" Isabella warned, turning her head to look.

"You're going to regret ever associating yourself with the Potters" Lucius spat at her before they left the room once again. "Dickhead!" Isabella shouted after him. Isabella mumbled curse words under her breath as she sat trying to wriggle out of the ropes. "Can you stop moving" She heard Sirius's tired voice from behind her. "Oh Sirius" She breathed in relief. "Are you okay? I'm so sorry this is all my fault" Isabella apologised profusely.

"Don't worry about it, I would've done the same thing in your position" Sirius assured. She was silent for a moment as she looked around the room, her eyes falling onto a metal table to her left. "Do you see that table over there?" She asked Sirius. "The right or left one?" He questioned, looking at the two tables. "You're right" She informed him making him look at the same one as her.

"I think if we nudge these seats at the same time we might be able to reach those scissors over there" Isabella explained, a sense of hope rising within her. "We can kick the table and hopefully they fall into our lap" Isabella suggested. "Anything's worth a try" Sirius agreed. So on the count of three the duo used their legs to lift the seat up and move it forward. Although on the second try of doing this the chair tipped and they fell to the floor with a bang.

Sirius panicked when he heard Isabella breathing quicken and her back wracking against him as though she were crying. "Hey, hey, hey Bella, it's okay. Don't cry, we're going to be okay" He comforted but his face screwed up I'm confusion when he heard the sound of her laugh. "Are you laughing, why are you laughing?" He queried, his words completely and utterly befuddled.

"I'm sorry" She managed to say through her giggles. "I'm really sorry, I'm just struggling to comprehend that I'm going to die in an old abandoned building with Sirius Black" Isabella laughed sadly. "No one's going to die, we'll get out of here. Come on, I'm usually the dramatic one" Sirius scoffed as he looked around the room for another escape plan.

"Well, if shit hits the fan soon, we've still got each other" Isabella smiled light heartedly. "You know what I was doing before I got that call earlier?" Isabella asked making Sirius hum to say he didn't know. "I was trick or treating with my new family. With the boy who called me mum the previous night and the man that I love more than anything in the world" Isabella sighed, an absentminded smile resting on her lips.

"Harry called you mum?" Sirius asked, a small smile appearing on his own face. "Yeah" Isabella nodded. "Have you told James you love him?" He asked her curiously making her face fall. "No, no I've not and now I might not get the chance to tell him" Isabella laughed breathlessly. "Isabella Love, I swear to you that we will make it out of here and you will tell James Potter that you love him more than you love Brian May" Sirius told her strongly.

"Can I ask you a question?" Isabella said after a moment. "Yeah, sure" Sirius replied. "You went to the ministry parties when you were young, didn't you?" Isabella asked first making Sirius him to tell her to continue.

"Do you remember seeing a little girl with short curly hair?" She asked curiously. "Yeah... it was you" he said making Isabella nod. "It was me" She repeated. "My dad had been invited due to the fact that he was high up in the ministry at that time of his life. I went over to you because I thought you looked so cool but you ignored me but I didn't care. My opinion didn't change, I was only there for one night but even then I could tell that you were the coolest person ever" Isabella gushed making Sirius frowned.

"Well if it makes you feel any better, my mother told me not to go near you and at that time I didn't rebel against her so I listened to her" Sirius explained to her making her tilt her head to the side so she could see him a little better. "I can see that, my dad told me after we left that she was a horrible woman" Isabella told Sirius making him scoff. "That's an understatement"

"She was a monstrous woman" Sirius informed Isabella. "She seemed like it" Isabella agreed with nod, glancing around the room. Her eyes landed on a little shard of glass laying on the ground next to her. "Sirius, when I say, try and shuffle forward" Isabella told Sirius. "Yes ma'am" Sirius spoke jokingly. When Isabella have the word, the duo shuffled forward. After shuffling three times, which took a lot of energy, before Isabella could touch the glass with the end of her fingertips. She gently, with the tip of her finger, nudged it towards her.

She took it into her hands and began to cut into the rope as best she could. "If you light us up in flames doing that, I'll kill you" Sirius warned making Isabella roll her eyes. "We'd both already be dead by self-immolation" Isabella informed him as she slowly but surely cut through the first bit of rope. "While I'm doing this you could be looking for an escape route" Isabella ordered Sirius, almost through the first one.

"Already found one" Sirius informed her simply making her hum. "Where abouts?" She asked as the first rope finally broke and fell of them making her breath of relief. The rope was tied very tight so it did restrict how much they could breathe. "There's a vent in the top right corner, we can use these chairs to get into them before they get back" Sirius explained to Isabella as she got to work on the next rope.

"Do you think Moony and Prongs have figured out we're missing by now?" Sirius asked. "Probably, I'd imagine, knowing James, they're on their way but we can escape before they get here and act like we went for tea" Isabella joked as she finally cut through the final piece of rope. The shrugged all the rope of them as they stood up with smiles on their face, forgetting all the pain they were in.

The smiles didn't stay long when they heard footsteps making their way down the hallway. They stared at each other in a panic and began to work quicker. Sirius grabbed the chair and placed it below the vent for Isabella to stand on. She flipped the opening of the vent down before climbing in. "Our wands" Isabella told Sirius, pointing to where their wands sat on a shelf. "They left them in here? Twats" Sirius huffed. He ran over and grabbed them before giving Isabella a boost into the vent before pulling himself in.

They quickly crawled down the vent just as the door opened up, revealing to Malfoy and the death eaters that they were nowhere to be seen. Unfortunately they weren't complete idiots and easily spotted that they were in the vent. Malfoy motioned for the two death eaters to follow him.

They'd just have to do it the hard way now.