Chapter 1

Bea's POV

"Don't do this to yourself, Bea." Sarah's statement came through the speaker of my phone.

I ran to my closet and picked out pants and a shirt and quickly put them on.

"What are you talking about, Sarah?" I questioned her while hopping on one leg, squeezing into my blue jeans.

I held onto my glasses before they slipped off my face.

"You're going to help Austin pick out an anniversary gift for his girlfriend." She reminded me with her tone of disbelief.

"His girlfriend, you know that right?" Sarah prompted me again.

After I got ready, I took her off from speaker and held the phone against my ear.

"I know." I said while putting my glasses back on. "I just .. I just want him to be happy."

I slipped on my pair of black flats and carried my mini brown satchel out my room door.

"HAPPY!?" she yelled through the phone as I chuckle and kiss my mom goodbye.

Mom told me to be back at 8 for dinner and its 2 pm now so I have time.

I said goodbye one last time and I left.

"You've known Austin for what ... 10 years and you still haven't told him you like him ???? ... " Sarah kept blabbering on about my relationship with Austin.

She obviously wants me to tell him but how can I?

He has a girlfriend and it would be wrong of me to do that.

While walking over to Austins house, i am forced to listen to Sarahs lecture about relationship.

I didnt pay attention because:

1) she always gives me this lecture and

2) I'm admiring this beautiful summer day.

Vivid colored flowers growing from the ground, birds chirping their loudest, its absolutely beautiful.

"Okay Sarah. I get it." I interrupted her while walking up Austins front steps.

"You want me to tell him ... but I'm not because its just wrong." I said sharply then hung up.

If you like a boy and he has a girlfriend .. .you wouldn't tell him right?

Plus he's my best friend, I don't want to ruin things between us. I knocked on the front door and stood there staring at my phone. Rereading the messages Austin and I just had.

Austin: oh and can you help me pick out a gift for Becky and I? Its our anniversary (;

Me: of course ! I love Becky hahaa .. I'll be over in 10 :)

And that's when I called Sarah. I wasn't lying when I said "I love Becky" ... I do.

Its just that ... I want to be Becky. She hasn't known Austin as long as I have but she's like a sister to me.

Considering the fact I introduced him to her.

While i hear the door unlock and open, I look up from my phone and see Austins mom standing in front of me.

"BEA !!" She screamed while throwing her arms over my shoulders.