Chapter 14

Bea's POV

This week has been long and busy. Tuesday, 2 days after Alex's visit, he finally told me that the crew is coming back to Texas.

"Well what for?" I asked while holding my phone against my ear.

I just got finished with work, now im laying on my bed exhausted.

"You'll see ..." Then he hung up. Im tired of all these clues.

Why can't someone tell me something?! Anything !!

On Thursday, I got a call from Alex once I got out of my job. It's odd how he calls me once i get out of Macy's.

"Hi Alex" I uttered while walking to my car. The sun blazing and the humidity making me sweat.

"What are you doing today?" Alex asked as I unlocked my car and got in.

"I have school later at 5 ..." I spoke as I put my phone on speaker and set it on the passengers seat.

I turned on the AC and the ignition. The engine roared while I waited for the car to warm up.

I hear him ask "where are you going now" and I said "Home. I'm tired."

I suddenly backed up from my parking spot and made my way towards home.

"Since it's a hot day, come to Rita's." He spoke as I contemplated.

It is hot outside, I have extra money, and Alex might finally tell me why they're coming back so why not?

I then asked him which Rita's he's at.

"I'm going to text you the address .. I'll see you here, Bea." He mumbled then hung up.

My mind then began to wonder.

Is Austin with Alex? What are you going to say to Austin when you see him? What are you going to do?

Do I look okay? I just got out of work.

I looked down and observed my black dress.

The dress policy at Macys are either polo shirts with khakis, sleeveless tops with denim, or dresses.
Good thing I chose to wear a dress today.

Few minutes later, I hear my phone ding; Alex just texted me the address to Rita's.

I set the address on Maps and drove there. The whole time I was second guessing myself.

A part of me felt like turning back around and going home; another wanted me to go and face Austin.

I was going to turn back but I was already half a block away.

Once I got there, the place was packed with cars and people.

I parked, grabbed my satchel that has everything I needed and got out of the car.

First, I walked in and stood in line waiting for my turn until I saw Alex walk through the crowds of people to get to me.

"We have a table over there .." Alex said while pointing behind him. I couldnt see because there were so much people.

"Okay. I'm going to order first." I mumbled anxiously.

Waiting to get my favorite, Swedish Fish Gelati.