Chapter 3

Bea's POV

"Wha-whats going on?" Austin questioned while pointing at Luis.

Becky closed the car door and began walking closer to Austin. Telling him to settle down with a tranquil fashion.

"Don't tell me to calm down, Becky ..." Austins voice grew in rage. I tried to keep Becky away from Austin by standing in between them.

"Don't talk to my girlfriend like that .." Luis screamed as he started making his way towards Austin.

"Who are you anyways?" He asked as Austins eyes were teary.

Austins once joyful orbs are now like clouds on a May day. "Girlfriend?" He spoke as he glanced at Becky.

Its like I am a shadow watching everything happen before my eyes. I watch as Becky's eyes start watering too.

Her explanation trying to escape her mouth but it won't let her.

"Yea ... Girlfriend." Luis interrupts. "Who the hell are you?" He questioned again as I look at Austin.

He shook his head and wiped his tears away.

"I'm no one ..." Austin said emotionless while looking at Luis then to Becky. He shakes his head and then looks at me.

His eyes filled with hurt and shame. He suddenly turns around and starts walking away calling my name to follow him.

I took another look at Becky and Luis and nodded my head. Then i left, following behind Austin.

•••

"Austin, drive slower ... You're scaring me" I demanded as i watch the speed meter go from 10 to 40 mph.

His eyes concentrated on the road as I feel the car accelerate more. With fear running through my body I scream Austins name one last time.

The car breaks suddenly and we come to a stop.

No cars behind us and no familiar scenery in sight. With my heart racing I look over to Austin and both of his hands were gripped to the wheel.

His head tilts down and gently hits the steering wheel. The car suddenly is filled with Austins sobs and whimpers.

I unhook my seatbelt and wrap my arms around him.

"4 years ..." I hear him sob through his words.

He takes his hands off the wheels and wrap them around my neck. His tears soaking my shirt and I'm in the brink of crying.

Memories of Becky and Austin spending time together flash by my eyes. All those times when Austin said I love you to Becky and she would respond with a smile.

She wouldn't say I love you back, she would just smile. Now we know why.

As we were having our moment of silence i look over to the backseat and see the stuffed panda. I roll my eyes and scuffed.

What Becky did to him is cruel and wrong. He doesn't deserve that. Seeing Austin sad makes me sad and I just can't have that.

With a joyful "hey" he looks at me with his red eyes and pale complexion.

"Let me drive." I said as he turned his head and sniffs. He wipes his tears away and we exchange seats.

The whole time I was driving, I would catch Austin looking out the window with a frown on his face.

I would try cheering him up but he would lightly smile and return back to frowning.

I would turn the radio up but he look even more sad. Which is something I don't want so I turn it off.