Chapter 30

Austin's POV

"You went through my bag didn't you?" Bea asked as she sat on the edge of my bed. Her eyes scanning my face as I look away in guilt.

I didn't answer because she knows the answer already. She sighed deeply as I waited for the scolding.

"What did you do with my contacts, Austin?" Her tone very serious and there was a hint of disappointment. I looked down, ashamed of what I did.

I glance up at her as she looked at me, waiting for an answer. I can't give her an answer because ...

1) she's staring at me with those glasses. I love when a girl wears glasses. I don't know why. It's my weakness and ..

2) I'm afraid she'll leave again. Like the way she did when I kissed her. I don't want that to happen.

"Just tell me the truth .." Her voice soft and understanding. "Where's my contacts?" She asked and I glanced at the trash can where I threw them out.

Her eyes followed mine as I pinched the bridge of my nose. Why did you look there Mahone? I mentally smacked myself.

"You didn't .." She gasped while quickly getting up and heading towards the can. I look out my window and noticed there were water droplets rolling down the window seal.

It just started raining.

My first thought was how is Bea going to get home in the rain? I'll lend her an umbrella. Maybe she'll be willing to sta-

I was then interrupted by Bea calling my name. I took my attention off the rain and focused it on her. She's knelt beside the garbage can, holding the tiny plastic box and squished contacts.

If I would've thrown the garbage out, she wouldn't have known about this. I mentally smacked my lazy self.

"Why would you ..? Why would anybody do this?" She asked while looking at me with furrowed eyebrows and soft eyes. I feel bad now.

"What am I going to do?" She whispered to herself as she put the squished contact and box back in the garbage.

My face lite up with a great idea in my head. Her eyes turned towards me as I sat up on the rolly chair.

"I can buy you more contacts if you want ..." I flashed her a smile but she didn't say anything. She pushed in her glasses as I felt déjà vu smacked me in the face. Those glasses.

God I love those glasses. I thought and smiled slightly to myself as she got up.

"I need to get out of here. I need to think." Bea said softly as I jolted up. Those are the last words I would want to hear.

"Wait you're going ?" I asked as she wrapped her satchel around her shoulder and torso. She picked up her black flats she left here and walked out the room without answering my question.

"Bea please stop." I followed her down the stairs. "It's raining. Stay with me Beana" I persisted but she didn't answer.

"Bea ..." I begged as she walked out the front door without an umbrella. She's going to be soaking wet. I'm going to be soaking wet if I chase her.

"F it .." I uttered running out the door and catching up with her. The heavy rain falling down on us as I ran outside bare foot.

"Oh won't you stayyy with meeee ..." I sang smoothly and loudly as I feel the raindrops hit my head and slide down my face.