Chapter 12

Bea's POV

I walked into my job dazed and confused. The feeling of discomfort ran through my blood.

Austins song just played on the radio and i didnt recognize it.

Me ... Out of all people, i didnt recognize my own best friends voice. Well ex best friend.

Throughout the years, his leaving made me realize 2 things.

1) To move on with my life.
2) Nothing ever last. Not even friendship.

So i moved on and believed that nothing lasts forever. Eventually i was right about the 2 realization.

My 3 friends: Alex, Robert, and Zach, all moved to Florida within these past 2 years.

I never really know why they moved there but i found out last year. They moved in with Austin in Florida.

4 of them never wrote, never called, never kept in touch. Thats when i finally realized that nothing ever lasts.

Sarah and I still keep in contact but not often. I keep to myself now.

I'm not open like the way i was before. I ditched my glasses because it reminded me of Austin.

The way he used to push in my glasses whenever they were falling. Or when he poked them randomly.

Whenever i said i hated them, he would said "i love your glasses." and then he would smile widely.

I stored them deep within my closet and bought an infinite amount of contacts.

So i would forget the feelings.

But after listening to that song, a whole new set of feelings came back.

Not the feelings of sadness or loneliness.

They say "time heals a broken heart." but i dont think mine has been healing within time.

I'm not feeling weak or helpess like before. I'm filled with rage and confusion.

Why didn't he contact me? Why hasn't he ever called me? What made him not contact me?

All of these questions popped up again in my head after these 2 years.

I've forgotten all about them but now they're all coming back to me.

With every unanswered question, i am forced to hate him. Forced to hate the idea of him.

Forced to hate his existence.

•••

At around 4 pm, my shift is over so i decide to leave and go home.

"I'm going, Martha." I said while catching my managers, Martha, attention.

She's a 60 year old lady whose been working here since she was 30.

She deserves a better job than working at Macy's at the mall.

"Okay. Thanks for the work, Bea. Bye." Martha spoke while fixing the clothes on the rack.

I then made my way to the back and got my belongings. I said bye to some of my coworkers then i left.

I have to pass my school in order to get back home. 3 light brown buildings with a logi CCT in front of it

CCT, Community College of Texas, is the school im going to graduate 2 weeks from now.

2 years of constant studying and hardwork. My phone started vibrating in my pocket.

While looking at the road, i slowly took my phone out and answered the phone; without looking at it.

"Hello?" I asked while holding the phone against my ear. The radio playing lowly in the background.

"Um are you coming home?" i hear my mom question as i slow down at a stoplight.

"Yea im coming soon why?" I said while turning the radio up a little.

Few seconds later, the light turned green and i accelerated.

"Oh nothing. Just asking sweety." She mumbled before whispering something.

I furrowed my eyebrows wondering what the whispering is about.

"okay I'll be there in a few." Then hung up.

•••

Once i parked my car in my driveway, i gathered my belongings and got out.

The warm breeze brushed pass my shoulders and the sun started setting. An orangey, red glow splashed throughout the sky.

I began walking towards my house until i realized there was a unfamiliar car.

It was also parked in front of my driveway.

With questions going through my mind, i took my key and unlocked the door.

"Mom, whose car is parked in front of the driv-" i was then interrupted by a whole crowd of people shout "CONGRATS BEA!!"

I screamed and looked up. My mom and famioy gathered around my living room as i start laughing.

Everyone gathered around me, congratulating me on my graduation.

A banner hung from the walls that said Congratulations !!

I pieced it together and figured out why mom always asked me when im coming home; and why she was whispering through the phone.

While talking with my moms sisters and brothers, my mom pulled me to the side.

"There's someone here to see you ..." she whispered near my ear as music played in the background.

My eyes widen and started looking around. To be honest, i thought it was Austin. But what are the odds?

"Who?" I asked and she pulled me to the backyard. There was so many people we had to get through.

I think they were mostly moms and dads friends.

As we made it to the backyard, no one was there besides us and a few of my little cousins playing in the playground.

"Hold on I'll get him." She spoke frantically as i watch her go back inside the house.

Him?

While waiting, i thought about all the guys who would want to talk to me.

There's Austin, Robert, Zach, Alex. But im afraid that it might be Austin.

After all these years, what would I say? What would i do? Would i freak out or would i curse at him? I dont kno-

"Bea .." i heard his voice behind me as i stood froze. My heart racing and palms getting cold.

I hurriedly turned around and saw him. My hopes were high once again and i sighed.

I stood tall and observed his stance. His chest out, his stance very stong and tall.

I chuckled and uttered "Alex ..."

Hey guys :) yes it was just Alex who was there. No Austin or Auntie.

I have something to tell you guys :)

Im going to start dedicating chapters to people :) so leave a comment if you want a chapter to be dedicated to you :)

So yea ! Comment if you want a chapter dedicated to you BUT you have to vote first so :)

10 votes and I'll make chapter 13 :) dont forget to comment if you want the chapter to be dedicated to you :)

So yea :) goodbye lovlies

❤ -A