Chapter 13

Bea's POV

"Bea ..." He laughed while looking at me. His eyes filled with fascination.

"You look ... different." He took a step closer with a grin but I backed away; glaring at him.

Hinting him that I'm still mad after all these years.

"Yea well I ditched those stupid glasses, cleared my face, and cut my hair, so what?" I spoke cruelly with a sassy tone.

He thinks coming here won't change the fact that I'm still mad at him and the others. He thought wrong.

I can tell he didn't know what to say or do because he hesitated and said "Well you look good." with an oh-my-god-someone-help-me look on his face.

I chuckled infuriatingly while looking at Alex. He looked down as if he was afraid to look into my eyes.

"What are you doing here?" I asked harshly while crossing my arms.

I watch him look up with his puppy dog eyes and smiled helplessly.

Its been so long, I've forgotten how handsome he looks; but that won't change the way I feel right now.

"Bea, im so sorr-"

"Sorry?" I finished his sentence. My blood is boiling.

"You and the others left me without a warning ..." my voice grew.

"And you come back 2 years later to say sorry ..." I started pacing back and forth.

"It took you 2 years ..." I uttered. "2 years !" I threw my hands up and screamed.

My heart racing and unspoken emotions coming out of nowhere.

".. to say what ?" I asked a rhetorical question while trying to make eye contact but couldn't.

"To say sorry?" I emphasized on that phrase as if I'm scolding a little boy. I halted and looked at him.

"I know .." He whispered while placing my hands on my hips and waiting for him to speak.

I want to hear his excuse.

"We wanted to come back but .." Then he hesitated as if he was holding back.

He ran his fingers through his hair and sighed deeply.

"But what ?" I questioned, crossing my arms once again.

Waiting for him to tell me whats been going on, finally waiting for their excuse.

I watch him change his stance and sighed again. Its like he wanted to tell me but something is holding him back. His subconscious telling him not to tell.

"Look .." He looked up at me with guilt in his eyes. "We have reasons why ... Its just that-"

"What are your reasons?" My voice grew in rage.

"Bea .." He tried calming me down but I won't let him.

"No what are your reasons, Ale-"

"BEA!" He shouted and I instantly shut up. His face red and eyes wide.

I've never seen Alex mad. Never. It's quite scary.

Silence took over as he calmed down. Few minutes later, he turned back into his regular complexion and relaxed.

"It's not for me to tell." Alex spoke quietly. The wind blew calmly and the sun its highest.

At this point, I feel bad for him. It's not his fault, he said that he wanted to come back.