Chapter 32

Bea's POV 2 days before graduation.

"I just want to say thank you ... to all of you who ..." My professor then proposed his end of the year speech. I looked down and scribbled in my notebook.

" ... Although some of you are gonna be coming here next year ..." He went on as I couldn't help but to smile.

Gonna isn't a word. I thought and pictured Austin saying that to me as if I had said it.

His eyebrows raised as his hazel orbs looks directly into mine. His lips mouths the words as a smile slowly appears across his face. Austin's eyes squint while his smile grows wider.

I began to frown after remembering my thoughts about Austin and I. It just can't be. Not now.

Once my professor was done with his speech, we all left and I walked outside. The night sky and stars glowed above as the moon emulated white light. Noticing that it's a full moon.

While walking to my car, I recapped on everything I did today. I woke up, went to work. I opened my car door and went inside. Placing my bag on the passengers seat.

After work, I went to McDonalds and got chicken nuggets. Mmm those chicken nuggets tasted so good. Especially with honey mustard. Oh lord.

I inserted my key inside the ignition and turned little Johnny on. Yes I named my car and no I won't tell you why I named him Johnny.

After I ate, I drove to the school and took a nap in my car. Yes I slept in my car and yes people were looking at me through my window.

I then made it out the school parking lot and made it on the highway. I could've taken the short road home but I decided to take the long way home.

The highway.

Once I woke up from my nap, I hurriedly grabbed my bag as I went inside. Almost late for the last day of class.

While driving, i noticed all the stars were shining. I can pick out each and every individual one. It's mesmerizing actually.

The drive is smooth and peaceful. The radio turned up so it will keep me up. B104 playing whatever song that's new now and days.

I don't keep up with music these days because their all like dub step and techno. I'm not really into that.

I pushed in my glasses and kept my eyes wide so I won't fall asleep. As I was concentrating on the road, I counted the days I haven't seen Austin.

It's been 2 days since I last seen him. Those were the most days i haven't seen him this month. Every since he got here I would see him everywhere, even at my job.

It's only been 2 weeks. I've seen Austin for 2 weeks and this mess between us happened again. Again. Now he's leaving in 2 weeks and 2 days from today. Great.

It's déjà vu.

Out of nowhere, red lights from my dash board started blinking repeatedly. I suddenly looked down and saw that my engine light was blinking.

Oh no this can't be good.

It's like a domino effect, once my engine started blinking, my oil light started blinking, then my tires. Eventually everything started blinking red. That's not a good sign.

I then look behind me to see if there were cars, luckily there weren't. I was the only one on the highway. Except for the cars in front of mine.

Although my feet were on the gas pedal, I felt little Johnny slowly decreasing speed. My eyes widen as I continuously pressed on the gas pedal.

Oh my god. I thought and kept pressing the pedal but every time I press it, Johnny would slow down. He wouldn't accelerate!

I then turned the steering wheel right and unhurriedly pulled to the side of the highway. Lights still blinking and little Johnny pulling to a stop.

With a full tank of gas, the headlights shut off and so did the engine. Everything was silent inside and outside the car. I sit here with my eyes wide and heart pounding. My mind went crazy.

I then started regretting taking the long way home. I should've sticked with the short way but nooooooo.

Am I going to die out here? I thought frantically.

How am I going to eat? I only have a Twinkie in my bag!

I don't have water, do I have to drink my saliva !?

I closed my eyes and calmed down. I took a deep breathe and pulled out my phone. Good thing there's reception here.

I look around and notice there's nothing else besides the highway, trees and a empty meadow right beside Johnny and I.

The meadow was creepy. It was filled with darkness and mystery. I look up at the moon and it's still in its full moon form. I then pictured Jacob Black from twilight coming out of the meadow beside me.

I shook my head and wondered why I think that. I smiled slightly and scrolled down my contacts. As I got a grip, I stopped at the letter A.

Alex

Austin

My eyes switched from Alex to Austin. Then back and forth and forth and back. Austin or Alex ?

Should I call my friend I haven't seen in a week or my other friend that I had a intimate kiss in the rain?

Without a hesitation I clicked on Alex's contact and pressed the call button. Of course I would choose Alex because :

1) I don't have any feelings for him and 2) he's probably awake at this time.

As the call was ringing I sat here and wondered what will happen if no one gets me. I started thinking that I'll literally die here .

Stupid Johnny.

"Hello .." Alex's low voice said as my hairs stood up. Yes !! I won't die here.

"Oh my god Alex!" I shouted frantically as I shuffled in my seat. The moon still lite like a Christmas tree on Christmas Day.

"What is it?" He questioned while I held the phone against my ear. With no hesitation, I told him my situation.

Alex didn't say anything else but a "hold on." As he puts me on hold, I sit here waiting. Waiting for someone to rescue me.

Hey guys !! It's been like 5 days since last time I updated.  I'm sorry for not updating sooner. I've been slammed with homework and tests !!

Today Labor Day so HAPPY LABOR DAY TO ALL MY READERS ;) I bowled earlier which was fun !! My highest score was 170 !! Ayeeeee HAHAHAHHA

But I just want to thank all of you who are reading this :) it makes me happy how you guys comment and vote ❤️❤️

30 votes and I'll make chapter 33 :) I love you guys so much ❤️❤️

Follow my twitter ---> @Mahomies_Dream ❤️❤️

❤️-A