Chapter 22

Bea's POV

Have you ever woke up and just knew that it's going to be a bad day?

I woke up today with a headache and my back in pain.

The two worst things that can ever happen to you has happened to me. I probably slept in the wrong position last night.

Not only do I have these aches but I've been places on the floor for work.

Which means I have to rerack clothes, pick up any clothes that have fallen from their hangers and be put back on the rack.

My backs going to hurt even more after today.

•••

"Goodbye Martha." I said goodbye, ending my shift at 4 pm.

"Take care of yourself, Bea." Martha's brittle self had said.

I smiled and walked out of the mall with my satchel and coke.

The sun it's brightest and the heat blazing throughout these San Antonio streets.

No one noticing that I'm in the worst mood ever; besides one person.

Just when I was about to open my car door with my keys, I was scared to death.

"Beana !" Someone shouted as I dropped my keys from being startled.

Why is he here? I thought while turning around.

"Hey .." Austin walked up to me with a smile on his face.

He squinted his eyes and made a pouty face. "Awe, why are you mad?"

"Ugh .." I rolled my eyes and picked up my car keys.

"I'm not in the mood, Mahone." I spoke while opening the car door.

"I didn't ask if you were in the mood. I asked if you were mad." He said with that stupid smile on his face.

"Stop being a smart ass and bother someone else." I ignored him and walked to the drivers side.

"Look I'm only kidding." Austin followed behind me. His voice soft and gentle.

"Plus, I wanted to apologize for yesterday." He said which stopped me from opening my door.

"I teased and forced you ..." Austin spoke with ease in his voice.

"I'm sorry .." I turned around and looked up at him.

His hazel eyes looking down at me. Theyre unreadable and mysterious. 

"I'm sorry too ... I'll apologize to your mom whenever I have the chance." I looked down and zipped my bag closed.

Austin raised his eyebrows and beamed. "She's home .. You can apologize now."

"Okay." I shrugged and we parted.

"I'll follow you." Austin said while walking back to his car. I nodded and opened my car door.

The whole time I was thinking about the question I asked last night.

Why did you guys leave and not come back for 2 and a half years ?

I still want him to answer it but how will I bring it up? Should I just forget about it?

Once I parked in Austins driveway, I prepared for the worst.

The worst that can happen is probably fighting and making our relationship even worst.

Austin and I got out of our cars at the same time. I started making my way towards his house.

Its been so long since I've been in it. I took a look at my house 2 doors down and wished I was there not here.