Chapter 15

Bea's POV

"Bea Gardner .." Austin mumbled while smiling ear to ear.

His hazel eyes squinted and teeth were straight like lines on a paper.

"You look ... different." He said astonishingly as I looked forward.

Alex, Rob, and Zach's faces had shocked expressions as they looked at Austin and me.

"You would've known that if you kept in touch ..." I snarled at Austin but dared not to look at him again.

The boys eyes were all wide and filled with anticipation.

I heard Austin clear his throat and stuttered "H-how are you?"
I slightly smiled at his stutter but quickly stopped when I felt his arm wrap around my shoulder.

Ew, he's touching me. Don't curse him out just yet, Bea. You'll have your chance. My subconscious told me.

I got up, pushed his arm off my right shoulder and grabbed my satchel.

"Thank you guys so much for the drink .." I spoke towards the boys as I grabbed the Mango smoothie.

Completely ignoring Austins question and the Swedish Fish Gelati he gave me.

"You're not staying?" Alex stood up and asked while I dug into my satchel for my car keys.

"No I have class remember." I reminded him as Alex walked around the table and gave me a hug. Rob and Zach followed after that.

Just when I grabbed my car keys, I saw Austin get up and looked down on me.

With his smile, he opened his arms and asked if he can get a hug.

I gave him one of my disgusted looks, nodded no and said "No thanks."

His arms slowly fell down as his smile turned upside down.

I then waved bye to the others as I walked out of the store. Noticing Austin furrow his eyebrows and frown in confusion.

•••

Austin's POV

"I have a feeling she's mad at me now." I sat back in my seat and sighed.

The boys looking at me and nodding their heads, agreeing to what I said.

I looked at the Gelati I got for her and grabbed it.

Memories came back to me when we were Juniors in high school.

Every Friday after school we would always get this.

"You have to look at it from her perspective." Alex spoke as I looked up.

"If she left and never called or wrote for 2 years, would you be mad?" I took a bite of the icee and felt sad.

It doesn't taste the same; I would always eat this with Bea.

This is my first time eating the icee without her and it taste ... different.

I put the icee on the table and sighed. "Its not my fault though ..."

"You guys know why I couldn't keep in touch with her ..." I looked at all of them.

I feel like the bad guy in the situation.

"Yeah, we know." Zach said while looking down.

"Why can't you just tell her ?" Rob asked and I ran my fingers through my hair.