Chapter 38

Bea's POV

"Bea Gardner ..." My voice emulated through the college auditorium. I feel my heart beat faster as I stepped up the wooden stairs and onto the stage.

The gown dragging behind me as I kept walking. By now the women who once said my name has said 2 or 3 others so I began walking faster.

After receiving my diploma from my principle, I stepped down the wooden steps and walked back to my seat. Observing my fellow class mates and smiling at my friends within that crowd.

I returned back to my seat with my diploma and remained seated as the rest of my class got their diplomas. Happy and somewhat relieved that I'm finally done with 2 years of college.

•••

The cool breeze brushed passed my shoulders as I waited outside for mom. The sun shining bright and the trees blowing softly in the wind. It's a beautiful day to go swimming.

Where should mom and I eat today? I thought and started naming different restaurants due to boredom.

McDonalds? ... nahhhhh ... I shook my head and watched more people come out of the auditorium doors.

While waiting by this tree in front of the school I've noticed that there's a lot of people who attended this graduation.

Olive Garden? Eh too expensive. I brushed the idea off and kept thinking.

Oo how about Chipotle? I love chipot- I was then interrupted by someone tapping my shoulder. I leaned off the tree and turned around.

The first thing I saw was a dozen of red roses. The second thing I saw was a boy holding the roses and purposely hiding behind them. I laughed.

"Why are you here, Austin?" I chuckled and leaned on the tree. The shade felt cool since the heat was unbearable.

"You should be resting from yesterday." I said as his head popped out from behind the flowers and chuckled lightly.

"I'm okay .." A smile spread across his face as his hazel eyes stared into mine.

"Plus. I would never have missed this. It's important." Austin flashed me one of his adorable smile as I looked down.

You think his smile is adorable Bea? I questioned myself and felt my cheeks heat up.

Get yourself together bea. I thought and snapped it together.

He cleared his throat and looked away shyly. With a soft voice he said "uhh .. these are for you."

Austin stepped closer and places the flowers in my hands. His fingers brushed against mine as i felt a slight chill. Once I held the flowers I asked him where his mom was.

"My mom's with your mom." Austin said with certainty but I felt confused. I guess he saw through me because once he looked at my face he said ...

"Why? Where's your mom?"

"I don't know. She was gonna meet me here." I said innocently as I looked around for her and aunt michelle.

But once I looked up at Austin, his smile stretched from ear to ear. His eyes squinted and arms crossed as if I did something wrong.

"What?" I asked while looking up at him. He stopped smiling and licked his lips.

"You said gonna."Austin said as I sighed deeply. I rolled my eyes and continued to search for our mothers.