002. The other woman

—✧—✧—✧—✧—

—✧—✧—✧—✧—

The other woman

Evelyn Rosewood loved the rain, she knew that most people hated it, but she never felt that way. She thought that it was fascinating how falling water droplets made the air cool and the environment calm. Most times when it starts raining, you would see people running to get shelter, and you wouldn't see anybody outside. Evelyn wasn't like that, she did not like getting drenched in water head to toe, but didn't mind it as much as other people did. She thought the rain was calming, and sometimes she even sat on the floor in the shelter that lined the castle with her books and read, occasionally looking up to see the small water droplets dripping from wet leaves one after one.

James Potter hated the rain; it always got in the way of doing his pranks or just being outside with his friends. When it rained the sun always went into hiding and he loved the sun. It was always a good day when the sun came out, and he noted that.

❋❋❋

"Hey, have you seen Lucius? we were supposed to meet up to study," Eva asked one of his roommates. The fact was, she didn't need to study; however, she was excited to tell him about this song she found. She loved sharing whatever music she found, it was comforting to her to tell everybody about her new songs.

"Uhm, I think he's in his dorm,"

She replied with a quick "thank you" and skipped to the Slytherin common room. Today was one of those rainy days. She had originally decided to give him his space and sit at the window, watching the pouring rain fall outside the window; however, she was way too excited to wait, so she went up to the boy's dormitories. Eva made her way to Lucius's shared room and opened the door to a very heartbreaking scene; Lucius was on top of Narcissa with the sheets covered over them. She stood shocked at the scene. She didn't expect to find her boyfriend with her friend sleeping together. They both stopped what they were doing at the sound of the door opening. There stood the girl with blond hair, staring at them wide-eyed and tears falling down her face.

"Eve-"

She didn't reply; all she did was run. She ran down the stairs into the common room. She didn't know where she was going, but that didn't stop her. She ran out of the dungeons and made her way outside, completely ignoring the yelling at her to stop. Eva had never felt this amount of overwhelming emotions before. She didn't know what she felt, but she hated it. She wasn't focusing on the fact that he cheated on her, but it was the fact that she wasn't good enough, that she was completely useless, or that she was probably such a bad person to be around. She sat on the floor where she normally sits in the courtyard and watched the sky's tears fall onto the ground as hers fell from her cheeks to the floor.

Evelyn watched a familiar group of boys running from the rain into the courtyard with jackets on their heads; it was not helping them from getting wet cause they were soaked head to toe. She thought it was funny how dramatic they were, even though they didn't know who she was or that she was there, they still managed to put a small smile on her face and forget about the stupid little things that occurred earlier.

❋❋❋

You could say Evelyn was an observer; she didn't talk much and rarely had any friends. She had a few roommates she would talk to but her only friend was Narcissa and they weren't even close; however, as she looked to the side, a few seats down, to see Narcissa, and Lucius hugging and being a couple, she never felt more lonely. She hadn't talked to them since that day and decided it would be better if she avoided them completely. Evelyn didn't care about their apologies. She thought it was pointless; they still did what they did and nothing could fix that. She eventually moved her eyes away from the recently become couple, to her food on the table.

Lily Evans was a kind girl. She was caring and always wanted the best for people. She was really smart, at the top of her class, and one of the best friends anyone could ask for. That's why James loved her. He thought she was the most fantastic person in the world and he was not wrong; she was the most amazing person in the world.

"Poor thing." a female voice spoke from the Gryffindor table, interrupting James's thoughts.

Lily took a seat next to Remus and Marlene sat next to James, both exchanging smiles as a quick greeting.

"Wait, who are we talking about?" Sirius questioned.

"Evelyn Rosewood." Marlene nodded over to the blonde girl, who had her head in her hand, looking at what appeared to be nothing and ever so often eating some of her food.

"What happened?" Remus curiously asked, taking a sip of his tea.

"Wait, you didn't hear? it's been going around the entire school." Marlene stated.

The four boys all shook their heads.

"Lucius and Evelyn had this huge breakup, It was brutal." lily told them.

"Yea she caught Lucius and Narcissa in bed together." Marlene finished the story.

"Weren't they like friends though?" Peter asked while taking a bite of his bread.

"Yea, that's why it's so sad," lily answered.

"Ugh, my cousin's a slag."

Lily gave Sirius a glare for using that word on Narcissa. She didn't necessarily like the girl, but she respected women.

"Evelyn doesn't deserve that, she's a lovely girl, we got partnered a few times during potions," Lily said.

"That can't possibly be true lils, she's a Slytherin," James stated.

Lily rolled her eyes at James' stupid comment and said "Ugh, not all Slytherins are bad, they just have a bad reputation."

"Whatever."

"Anyway, McGonagall told us to come and get you, Remus, for a prefect meeting." Remus nodded and stood up, following the two girls out the door.

The trio of boys took one last glance at the blonde-haired girl and continued talking about their next prank idea.

Evelyn got used to being alone, which she had to deal with during summer breaks. Being alone opens up your thoughts to think about a million different things at once, and she hated that because now that she's alone she had time to think back at all the shared glances between Narcissa and Lucius, or the holding of hands when they thought Evelyn wasn't paying attention and even the secret inside jokes that Evelyn never got. How could she have been that oblivious? Of course she was the other women.

❋❋❋