013. Moonlight

—✧—✧—✧—✧—

—✧—✧—✧—✧—

moonlight

She ran through the trees as the darkness of the night sky dampened the shadows of the forest. The shadowy figure was chasing her. Her beautiful, silky, blonde hair bounced with each step she took. The moon was a wraith-silver disc hanging in the lonely sky. As bright as diamond flames, lasers of moonlight turned the sea a-glow like melted platinum. It was as if she was watching a scene from an old fable stepping off the page and being beguiled by its beauty. Though she didn't have time to look at it she admired its beauty. That was her mistake. She always found beauty in the ugliest things. The figure caught up to her. He was rather handsome she thought. She always thought he was handsome. Maybe that's why she had taken it upon herself to talk to him or maybe it was just her curiosity. That was also her mistake, she let her curiosity take control of her. It would inevitably be the death of her.

He tackled her onto the floor as he lay on top of her using his hands to lift himself so he could tower over her. She laughed at the sudden closeness. She never quite understood him, he was mysterious. He wore the same unamused expression. It was hard to figure out what he was thinking but maybe that was a good thing. His mind was a private place and no one wanted to see what was going on in there. It was a chaotic mess.

"Good game," she replied as she brought her hand to her face brushing the hair off her face. "But I totally let you win,"

"You did not. Just admit it. I was better," he stated rather annoyed but pleased.

"Nope. I only speak the truth," she laughed.

"You lying right through your teeth," he rolled his eyes.

"Fine, fine," she reasoned. "If that's what helps you sleep at night,"

"I hate you,"

"You love me,"

"Whatever,"

He rolled over so that he was lying down on the ground of the forest. The leaves crunched around them whenever they moved. There were dark, scary, and forbidden elements to the environment, but they did not care. His gentle strokes were felt as she leaned her head against his chest. "I'm gonna miss this," she spoke suddenly.

"What?"

"You," she answered. "Us,"

He stayed silent. He didn't know what to say. What is there to say? "God I hate summer breaks," He did too. She lifted her head off his chest and sat up

"Promise you'll write," she spoke again.

"Yeah," he nodded.

"Pinkie promise," She held out her pinkie looking at him with questionable eyes. He thought it was cute. He hated that. This wasn't supposed to happen. This wasn't his plan.

He lifted his pinkie and wrapped it around hers as she did the same. He brought it to his lips and placed it on his delicate lips, locking in the promise. She blushed before she looked away.

She hated summer. She had to return to her stupid parent's manor and do nothing for months. Her only social interaction would be the magnificent masquerade dance that her parents throw every year to keep the vaulters appeased. As much as she complains about the dinner dance it has a soft spot in her heart. Yeah, she hates the interaction but she loved dressing up the dancing, and the food. Most importantly the food. She really loved the food.

He hated the summer also, for a number of reasons but most importantly because of her. He wouldn't see her for so long. Also, Hogwarts was safe, especially for him. He hated going back home. Not like he could call it a home in the first place. It's just a place where he got left.

The moonlight atmosphere was surcharged with calmness and quiet. It made them forget the humdrum or pandemonium of the day. This summer was going to change them, but she had no idea what it would entail. There would be a difference between them when they returned to Hogwarts whether they liked it or not. Sadly, their story was just beginning, and sweetheart, they had much more to come.

♡ ♡ ♡

A/N: Interesting... I just wanna say that this is not our beloved Evelyn.