012. Stupid realizations

—✧—✧—✧—✧—

—✧—✧—✧—✧—

Stupid realizations

"Fuck! This is useless," Eva sighed frustratedly. "We've been doing this for days and haven't even gotten close,"

"Maybe your memory isn't strong enough," James suggested.

James recovered from his injury pretty quickly thanks to Madam Pomfrey. "What memory are you using?"

"That day me and Marlene went to Hogsmeade," she cringed.

James stayed silent while she looked down. "Maybe the memory needs to be more exciting,"

She stayed silent for a moment before nodding. "What memory did you use?"

"It was when me and the boys were outside by the black lake. Remus was reading to peter as he always did and Sirius and I were laying down watching the clouds."

James grinned as he remembered the memory. "I don't know, it was just very peaceful and happy that it became one of my favorite memories."

Eva nodded while the silence between them took over for much longer than expected. It wasn't uncomfortable or anything like that but rather tranquil. She sighed as she leaned on the cold railing of the tower. She listened to the howling of the wind as the coolness brushed against her face.

"Maybe we should try again tomorrow?" James added finally breaking the comfortable silence.

"Yeah." She paused. "Maybe it'll give me time to think about a new memory," the girl smiled softly.

James Potter was that type of person, he cared for other people. He had an aura around him that gave off warmth and tenderness. Maybe that's why she was so comfortable around him. Maybe that's why she felt butterflies in her stomach when she looked at him, maybe that's why she felt this indescribable thickness in her throat and why her heart warmed at the touch of him.

James and Eva had gotten close quick if anything too quick. Within a couple of weeks, they had been doing almost everything together. She knew that it was weird and she tried to pull away but James had been consistent about having her with him. Maybe it was the constant frown that she wore or the redness in her eyes but he swore to be by her side. Maybe he felt sorry for her or maybe it was guilt. Guilt for when they first met. Maybe he had subconsciously been trying to help his guilty conscience or maybe it was just for Lily to be in the same room as him.