022. Christmas party

☾ ⋆*・゚:⋆*・゚:✧*⋆

☾ ⋆*・゚:⋆*・゚:✧*⋆.*:・゚✧.: ⋆*・゚: .⋆ ☾

Christmas party

☾ ⋆*・゚:⋆*・゚:✧*⋆.*:・゚✧.: ⋆*・゚: .⋆ ☾

Eva had not left her room in the last week, could be that she was mentally exhausted, or could be because she was scared. She had woken up every night, covered in sweat with the same bad dream, it was eating her alive. Bunny had normally been bringing food up to her room so she most definitely didn't need to leave. Her mother would sometimes knock on her door trying to convince her daughter to come out of her room but Eva ignored her every time. The one problem about her hibernation in her room was how bored she'd been. Sitting alone in silence with her thoughts had actually been painful.

She tried sneaking out to go to the art room but when she saw the canvas from the other night and realized that she didn't recognize if the painting was covered in red paint or dried blood, she had a panic attack and went straight back to her room. She wanted to get past this but her body and mind wouldn't allow her. She had also avoided all the letters James had sent in the last week, as they were too hard to read. She still didn't know what she was gonna do. She knew deep down what she was going to have to do but she tried to block that out of her mind.

It was Christmas day and her parents were throwing their annual Christmas ball, which meant she would inevitably have to face her parents. So on the morning of Christmas, she went downstairs to the family table. She sat down at her designated seat which was the furthest away from her parents. When her mom realized she had joined the table, they stopped whatever they were talking about, and her mother gave her a sad, small smile acknowledging her presence while her father didn't even look up from the daily prophet newspaper that he reads every morning.

From her seat, she had the opportunity to look at her parents. Really look at them not just glance at them.  She rather observed them. Her father was always that type of cold man. He always wore a sort of serious expression and thinking back she hardly ever seen him smile. Her mother, on the other hand, was naturally beautiful, she didn't have to go to long lengths to make herself pretty, she just always was. She always seemed put together very nicely with her hair perfectly styled and the perfect outfit. However, the beauty seemed to pause today. Her hair was a mess and tangled, she was still in her night clothes and her normally calm face was replaced with a frown that made her whole face fall. She bit the side of her lip as Eva noticed something glistening on her cheek. A tear. Her mother was crying. Lenora Rosewood was crying. Lenora closed her eyes and took a deep breath before looking up at meeting the heartbroken eyes of her daughter. She looked down at her food once more almost as if she was pretending that nothing happened.

"Evelyn," she heard her father call finally acknowledging her.

"Yes," she replied, looking up from the plate. Her nerves were spinning out of control.