016. The slug club

☾ ⋆*・゚:⋆*・゚:✧*⋆

☾ ⋆*・゚:⋆*・゚:✧*⋆.*:・゚✧.: ⋆*・゚: .⋆ ☾

The slug club

☾ ⋆*・゚:⋆*・゚:✧*⋆.*:・゚✧.: ⋆*・゚: .⋆ ☾

Darkness had fallen onto the night sky. There Evelyn lay in bed looking at the green-themed ceiling. She had been having trouble sleeping recently. She tossed and turned but couldn't fall asleep for her life. It almost seemed like the bed was made with nails and stones. She just couldn't get comfortable. With a heavy sigh, she got up quietly, grappled her wand from her nightstand, and exited the room silently careful not to wake her dorm mates.

She knew where she was going, the one place she had always gone when she couldn't sleep. The tower. It relaxed her more than anything. She sneaked through the hallways in darkness afraid to wake the portraits only using her wand as light every once and a while. She ascended the stairs of the tower not expecting someone to already be there.

"I didn't expect you to be here?" Eva asked as she slowly made her way to the railing. James turned around to look at the person with whom the voice came from. "You kinda stopped after..." she wasn't sure if she should mention the big elephant in the room especially because both hadn't mentioned it before and wasn't sure if right now was a good moment.

"Yeah I know," He sighed before taking a hit of his cigarette and blowing out the smoke through his mouth. "I knew you would be here and I kinda wanted to see you,"

She walked up to James. "Why?"

"Do I need to have a reason?" James answered with a teasing look in his eyes.

She shook her head with the most gentle smile James had ever seen. He felt something warm in his chest. It was like a fire in his heart that made him exceedingly happy.

"I guess not," Things stayed still for a moment. James taking drags of his cigarette every few minutes. Eventually, Eva got tired of standing and sat on the cool floor of the tower hanging her legs off the edge. James followed and sat next to her.

"Can I?" She asked James pointing to his cig. He nodded and passed it to her. She took the cig in between her fingers and took a hit. She inhaled the smoke before bringing it out of her lungs and exhaling through her mouth.

"James," Eva spoke up, handing it back to James.

"Yeah?" He said before taking another hit.

"What was the fight about?" Eva turned her head in his direction.

James suspired. A defeating look came upon his face. "Ev-"