008. Raindrops

—✧—✧—✧—✧—

—✧—✧—✧—✧—

Raindrops

Autumn had always been Eva's favorite season of the year. She looks forward to it, it signals that change is occurring. There's a certain rosiness to the leaves that hadn't been there only a week ago, and the ground had started to be littered with dead leaves.

Evelyn loved how it was not hot but not cold enough to freeze to death. It was the right temperature. She loved the chilly wind, the cloudy skies, and the crunching of leaves wherever she walked. She got a sort of nostalgic feeling in her heart that made her eyes light up and her cheeks rise as the small smile on her face become evident.

Evelyn was currently sitting on the floor, propping her back on the wall behind her, looking at the courtyard. It was raining again today and this was kind of a tradition to Evelyn. Remus had recommended a book to Evelyn and the girl was so invested in the book that she didn't even notice the figure walking up the hall and sitting next to her.

"Hey, you,"

The girl jumped and raised her hand to her heart. "Merlin! stop scaring me," she said breathlessly before lifting her hand and punching James on his arm.

James chuckled, "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to, you just looked so peaceful that I didn't want to announce my presence,"

"You do know this type of behavior is very creepy," The girl said as she closed her book, bringing her knees up to her chest and turning her body slightly to look at him.

"Well that depends on who you ask," James replied. The girl smiled.

"What are you doing out here James?" Evelyn asked. James Potter looked at her face like he was examining every inch of her breathtakingly beautiful face. She tensed at his gaze, a feeling erupted in her chest that she didn't quite know what it was.

"You weren't at dinner and I got scared," James answered. He looked down at his lap and then back at her. Now it was her turn to look down at her lap. He raised his hand and pushed the strands of hair that had fallen on her face against her ear. He traced his thumb from under her ear to her jaw and to under her chin and gently raising so she could look at him.

Eva always craved familiarity. She hated change, she rarely tried new things and commitment scared her. The way James potter was looking at her was not familiar. She didn't recognize it from Lucius or anybody in fact. The feeling in her stomach was new and that scared her. She didn't know what to do or how to act. She broke eye contact with him again. Only a couple of seconds had passed however both teens forgot what they had originally been talking about.

She turned her body so that her back was propped on the wall like it originally had been. "It's raining, you shouldn't be out here," she smiled at him. He rolled his eyes and got up to his feet standing in front of her. She raised her eyebrows at the boy.

(Eva's pov)

"It's raining," he says, grinning.

I look past him at the wet world outside. "Um. Yeah?"

He sticks out a hand, his smile faltering for a second as he takes a deep breath. "Come dance in the rain with me?"

I chuckled, I stood up taking his hand in mine. "You're such a dork,"

"Oh come on," He tightens his grip on my hand, pulling me into the courtyard. "You love that about me,"

"If that's what helps you sleep at night, potter," I added with a smile.

The rain pounds down on around us as we take turns twirling each other around the courtyard, our giggles filling the air around us.

He spins me around one last time before pulling me into him, our chests pressing together.

He stares at me, eyes flickering over my face as I lift a hand to brush his wet hair back. "What?" I smile at him, letting my hand tangled in the ends of his curly locks.

"I..." he gulps, looking down.

"Whatever it is, you can tell me," I frown.

His fingers tighten around the fabric of my shirt at my waist. His gaze flickered around my face. First my cheeks, then my eyes, next my nose, and lastly my lips.

I look up at him as he's towering over me. I look at his eyes, his enticing hazel eyes are impossible to look away from on any normal day however something was pulling me to look down at his lips. I tried all my self-control to look away but I simply couldn't. What is wrong with me?

I almost wanted to lean in. Actually, I very much wanted to lean in however I caught myself before I could.

He shook his head. "I-I'm just cold,"

"Right! yeah, me too," I said shivering. "Come on, let's go warm up,"

And with that, we walked out of the rain. The joy of the moment faded away. He walked me to the Slytherin dungeons. Then he kissed my cheek and said goodnight, watched as I entered the password to get into the common room, then waited outside for me. I got cleaned up and headed straight to bed. I said goodnight to some of the girls in my dormitory, so with that I fell asleep with the peaceful sounds of the rain and a smile on my face.

♡ ♡ ♡ 

Authors note: hi lovelies, sorry this chapter is so short, I just started school and it's been a little hectic. I'm hoping that in the days to come I will write more and post more. but for now, this is it. Also, tell me how you like the first-person povs and if would you like me to do more like those in the future. thanks for reading bye.

love always emily <3