007. Pretty fucking beautiful

—✧—✧—✧—✧—

—✧—✧—✧—✧—

  Pretty fucking beautiful

What is love? Is it an attraction? Is it intimacy? Is it an attachment?

Love is in fact all of these things combined together. Love is an emotion combined with a series of feelings. As beautiful as these feelings can be, they can also be devasting; they can be loving, yet heartbreaking; powerful yet debilitating. Falling in love with one person can be one of the most unexplainable feelings a person can endure. So imagine how James Potter felt being in love with two people.

He was conflicted. Most often times people are afraid of conflict because they do not know how to manage it well. James Potter did not know how to manage it well. It has been a week since the quidditch match against Gryffindor and Hufflepuff and it's also been a week since James Potter smelled Eva's shampoo in his amortentia. He had not told anyone of his latest discovery but it was gnawing at him.

Eva also hadn't told anyone about the broom polish smell in her amortentia potion however she too could not forget about it. It was always lingering in the back of her mind even when she tried to forget it.

At first, James Potter tried avoiding both Eva and Lily. He needed time to think however quickly realized that being left alone with his thoughts was not a good idea. James knew that he would smell lily. He's been in love with her since his third year. But he didn't know that he would smell Eva. He was not prepared for that. He had absolutely no idea how to fix this problem. The best plan he could think of was to stay away from both girls until he figured out what to do.

So it's really a pity that he is now walking to the library to meet Eva to help her with her transfiguration homework See James Potter was top of the class in transfigurations other than Lily Evans so Eva took the opportunity to ask James to help her. See with James helping her she was bound to get full marks and she had also noticed that he had been distant, so this idea of hers would knock down two birds with one stone. James's plan flew over his head the second Eva approached him. He could not say no to Eva as much as he tried.

"Hey," James said as he saw the girl at her usual spot in the library.

"Hi!" Evelyn turned to see James potter behind her.

"Uhm are you ready?" James nervously played with the back of his neck.

"Ready as I'll ever be," Eva sarcastically replied.

From an outsider's point of view James Potter looked nervous in fact he was so nervous that Eva even knew something was wrong. He was not the usual James she knew and loved. She knew he had been distant but she couldn't figure out why.