010. The tower

—✧—✧—✧—✧—

—✧—✧—✧—✧—

The tower

James lay awake in bed, mind racing.

He'd been trying for the last three hours to fall asleep. He could hear Remus and Peter's light snores as they peacefully slept while Sirius tossed and turned, trying to get a comfortable position.

"Can't sleep either?" Sirius spoke as he turned to face the boy. James shook his head as he stared at the ceiling, hands behind his head.

"What do you think of Lily?" James suddenly blurted out.

"What?"

Sirius was taken aback, not expecting this type of question. Sirius and James of course talked about girls before however James never asked Sirius about lily.

"Uh..." she cleared his throat "I mean she's pretty?..."

"Do you think we could be a thing?" James continued.

Sirius sighed. "Mate, I'm gonna be honest with you, I don't think she wants to date you,"

James stayed silent. He has heard this for multiple years and he's now starting to believe it.

"Can I tell you something?"

"Well you are my best friend," Sirius smirked.

James inhaled a deep breath before saying " I might've smelt Eva in the amortentia potion,"

Sirius's eyes widened. He could help but smile at his best friend. "No way!" He whisper yelled. "What does that mean?"

"I- I don't know," James sighed. "I like Lily," Sirius sighed before nodding. His best friend was in a bad scenario. "But Eva, God! She's amazing. It's different when I'm with her." James spoke rubbing his face with his hands. He was exhausted.

"Listen, mate, I can't tell you what to do. Maybe just play it out. Get your feelings in check,"

"Yeah! you're right,"

"Just don't fuck up because those are both amazing girls and you're lucky they're even talking to you," Sirius sighed putting his head on his pillow.

"Wow, no pressure?" Sirius chuckled before wishing his friend goodnight before falling back into a peaceful slumber.

♡ ♡ ♡