Chapter Four

Dan (hawt damn) ---->>

~•~•~•~

The next morning was a Saturday. I should have been at school yesterday, but I was on spring break. I woke up early for once, and rolled over, not realizing that I'd been on the edge of the bed, so I fell to the ground with a thump.

"Ow", I groaned. I sat up slowly and surveyed my surroundings. My room was painted pale blue, and the walls held a few paintings. I had a walk-in closet and a huge four poster bed. There was an en suite bathroom off to the side and a night stand was placed beside my bed. A writing desk sat in the corner, but I just used it to pile my clothes on instead of using the floor.

I got up and walked over to the closet. Dad had said that he wanted to question the rogues today, and I wanted to be present. At least that way I could maybe stop anything terrible from happening to my mate.

I still wasn't sure if I was even going to accept him, but I was almost certain that I would. The only thing I didn't like was how, from the short time I'd known him, he seemed like an egotistical jerk. That, and he was a rogue.

The best I could hope for would be that Dad would let the rogues join our pack, but that was near impossible. Most likely they would be questioned, perhaps tortured, and then thrown back into the cells. I would hopefully be able to prevent any torturing that might go on, if the rogues wouldn't answer Dad's questions.

I pulled on a pair of skinny jeans and a blue fitted tee. I brushed my hair and pulled it into a ponytail. I'd had a shower last night before I went to bed, so I didn't need to have one this morning. I brushed my teeth and shoved a pair of random shoes on my feet, before shuffling out the door and downstairs.

The kitchen was empty except for Gail, the quiet girl that was friends with Annie. I poured myself a bowl of cereal and sat down beside her. I'd never really talked to her before, but she seemed nice enough.

"Hi", she greeted.

"Hey", I replied, shoving a spoonful of Cheerios into my mouth.

Gail wrinkled her nose. "Cheerios? Really?"

"Hey!" I defended. "Cheerios happen to be my favorite type of cereal."

She snorted. "You're messed up."

"You barely know me", I countered. "But you're still right."

"True", she laughed.

"So ...do you have a mate?" I asked, trying to keep the conversation going. It annoyed me when people couldn't hold a conversation, and you just sat there in awkward silence until someone left. Plus, there was really only one topic on my mind.

Gail shook her head and sighed. "No, but I really want one. Mates are like your lifeline, your rock. They hold you together and make you feel complete. Without one, you're lost. I'd love a mate, and hopefully I'll meet him soon."

((random deepness, just roll with it))

"That's deep", I commented, because there wasn't really anything else to say. I mean, I wasn't sure if I was going to reject my mate or not, and then Gail tells me this! It wasn't like I didn't know it already, but she's yearning for a mate, and I'm not even sure if I want mine. Well, of course I do, but I'm not sure if my family will approve. Although there's nothing they could do if I was already marked... but I wasn't about to let that happen until I at least got to know him better. Some wolves marked their mates right away, but I didn't want that to happen. It would be like a milestone in our relationship, and I wanted it to be special. So it wasn't going to happen for at least a few weeks, if my mate got out of prison.